Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/20/2007 6:32:30 AM EDT
i would like to buy a compensater for my rifle, any suggestions would be great, it is 762x39 with standard threading, rifle had a A2 flash hider right now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:37:15 AM EDT
I don't think they're very effective in semi-auto fire, but you could get the "slant break" common to AKMs.

AK Concepts also makes a 7.62 comp that supposed to be pretty effective.

You can use a '103 break as well (basically a '74 break but with holes be enough to safely shoot 7.62 through), but you'll need to either replace the FSB with a 24mm FSB (preferred) or use an adapter, which usually does work but may wobble quite a bit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:07:51 AM EDT
my rifle is a ktr-03 so i dont think i have to worry about fsb, could i try the optional compensater that comes on a dpms .308 ar.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:54:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:23:31 AM EDT
This may be a dumb question, but does the "slant break" require a crush washer or peel washer behind it?  When I get mine tight, it won't quite tighten down far enough to index on the detent, and if I back it off it wobbles. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:30:31 AM EDT

Quoted:
my rifle is a ktr-03 so i dont think i have to worry about fsb, could i try the optional compensater that comes on a dpms .308 ar.

You'll have to find out what your muzzle threads are first then. I'm thinking you probably have AR muzzle threads, but I really don't know. I'm sure if you E-mail Kreb's they can tell you, but someone here probably knows already. I think the .308 ARs have larger threads than 5.56 ARs.

Quoted:
This may be a dumb question, but does the "slant break" require a crush washer or peel washer behind it?  When I get mine tight, it won't quite tighten down far enough to index on the detent, and if I back it off it wobbles.

That's just the way they are. The pin does the job of the crush/peel washer, which is just to keep it from unscrewing when you don't want it to. But yeah, they're always a little loose.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:52:18 AM EDT
Thanks, Chris!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:46:07 PM EDT
thanks alot, talked to brian at krebs he said any .308 ar style break should work.
Top Top