Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 8:42:52 PM EDT
Hello all,
I have been complaining of the rear stock sights on a Yugo AK (both fixed and Underfolder stock).  It was recommended to me that I give this rail a try in combination,ton with the peep sight.  Thr added ability to possibly use a small red dot has its appeal too.

My question, how solid/reliable is it?  I realize that the AK isn't a pecision shooter and the stock sight have their limitations, however if this rail is a POS like some of thr other AK cover rails, perhaps I can save myself the trouble.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:44:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By insin:
Hello all,
I have been complaining of the rear stock sights on a Yugo AK (both fixed and Underfolder stock).  It was recommended to me that I give this rail a try in combination,ton with the peep sight.  Thr added ability to possibly use a small red dot has its appeal too.

My question, how solid/reliable is it?  I realize that the AK isn't a pecision shooter and the stock sight have their limitations, however if this rail is a POS like some of thr other AK cover rails, perhaps I can save myself the trouble.  

Thanks

There's like a 90 page thread with comments from the designer/owner from conception to current day on it
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:47:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:34:36 PM EDT
I had a chance to meet Rafaga, TWS designer and owner, at a Sonny Puzikas class in Nevada last weekend.
He ran a WASR decked out with his Dogleg, peep sight, red dot and also his proprietary fore rail system through the class in temps from 28°-50° and he did extremely well with it. I looked them over at a get-together after class and I was impressed by the quality and fit. I would use one if I was in the market for such a thing.

That's Rafaga on the left, in woodland BDUs. Very pleasant and nice guy, too.
Top Top