Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2003 5:37:45 PM EDT
I think I may have received a real screw job from Guccanio - I sent a K-Var AK-74 bulgarian kit off to him in sept 2000 in march of 2003 I received a barreled receiver and most of my parts back. Amoung the parts missing was the feed ramp/bulletguide - i didn't think much of it at the time. I only wondered why the jackass didn't rivet the feed ramp/bullet guide before he riveted the trunnion.

Well today my feed ramp came from K-VAR and I notice something is wrong, there is no inlet on the trunnion to accept the tongue thats on the bottom of the trunnion. I compared the trunnion and feed ramp to the ones I have in an unused Bulgarian ak-74 parts kit and they are different.

The known good one I have in the parts kit has a groove in the trunnion to accept the tongue on the bottom of the feed ramp. Then I notice a serial number on the trunnion the Boy Wonder riveted in the receiver - but as near I as remember the parts kit I sent did not have a serial number on the trunnion. The trunnion I got back has a serial number on it. I don't know if its a 7.62 trunnion or not. I do know that the bolt will close and lock. I suspect that the trunnion I got back is for some type of Saiga. Should I try and cut a groove in the trunnion so it will take the feed ramp ?

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 3:38:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like GG can't afford to have others do his assembly anymore.  I guess he was farming everything out all along.

Rich
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Campy - just a couple of tings though - my magua krink kit does not have any serial number on the trunnion, no code 10. Upon further reflectiom I think the rifle has a saige trunnion riveted in it.

Well I'll try to figure out who I know that has an end mill. Or maybe just use a piece of tubing on this accursed project. If'n it don't work there is always the option of a new trunnion, WTF I might just go with a fireingline milled '74 receiver.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Bulgarian trunions with serial numbers WERE NOT available back in Y2K. Back then all we could buy from K-Var were new, never assembled parts kits. Trunions cost like $70 ALONE and they were virgins with no numbers and missing TWO rivet holes, meaning the things had to be fitted.

The scrapped rifle kits are more recent than that.

Bulletslap received the royal fucking as opposed to the standard everyday fucking.

Clear evidence that PARTS ARE MIXED and EVERYBODY that has a project at SAI is SCREWED!

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to this post I went and gave a closer look to the rifles I got back form SAI.

SURE ENOUGH, the AK74 has a SERIAL NUMBERED BARREL like the recent scrapped parts kit rifles.
UNLIKE the virgin UNMARKED barrel I sent in.

SURE ENOUGH, the TRUNION is not the KRINKOV type (which is ALL K-Var had back in Y2K) but is of the type seen in the recent scrapped kits.
Being a RESTAMPED trunion, I can't tell if the ORIGINAL SERIAL NUMBER ON THE TRUNION MATCHES THE BARREL.

I feel like puking.

Mike
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top