Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 12:35:22 PM EDT
Anyone know how to use this? It came with my AMD kit instead of the shephard's hook. Here is a pic from Clearview's website showing the spring:
http://www.clearviewinvest.com/detail.asp?product_id=021-2248

Thanks,
Chris

BTW, I looked for how to use the different spring and didn't come up with any mention of it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I clip the spring and reshape it to fit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea, thanks.

I happened to look at some full auto trigger parts and evidently the spring I got is for a full auto sear.

I'll do the reshape idea.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
7/32 e-clips work well also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I highly recommend you go to RedstarArms.com and invest in their new patented retention bar.  It goes in so easy and takes all the hastle out of removing your fire control assembly.  No more cursing for an hour trying to get that damn shepherd's crook just right.  Anyone else try it?

Heavyweight
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
7/32 e-clips work well also.

+1--at like $.10 per AK, why bother with anything else?  Not to mention it doesn't get any easier to install.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe KNS doesn't make the non-rotation pins for an AK.  They are great in an AR and you don't have to dig around inside the receiver.

It sounds like the only good way to go on an AK is the retaining plate that Red Star and Tapco have.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't believe KNS doesn't make the non-rotation pins for an AK.  They are great in an AR and you don't have to dig around inside the receiver.

It sounds like the only good way to go on an AK is the retaining plate that Red Star and Tapco have.

Chris

remember the ak is built sloppy and some fcg's wouldnt work if the pin dosnt turn
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.  I just assumed that the loose similarity between the AR and AK trigger to hammer setup would mean that similar pins would work. Of course, this was just an assumption as I have limited experience with either rifle.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want to make them yourself, the stainless steel spring in a popup Rainbird sprinkler head is the right gauge and is long enough to make 5 or 10 retainers.  I make my own along the line of the aftermarket L shaped ones that are held in by the selector.  The sprinkler heads are available at Lowes or HD for a few bucks.  Actually, the gauge is just slightly thick and will fit tight in the pin groove.  If you want it looser, just peen it lightly with a hammer to make it a little oblong where it contacts the pin.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top