Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 11/21/2008 8:44:53 PM EDT
From what I understand one should not transfer a home-made rifle to anyone else.
How does this rule work when you have a trust and want to place the rifle in the trust?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:45:42 PM EDT
Why would you. Don't ask don't tell.

They can be transfered you just can't build them with the goal of the money being part of your income as a regular course of business.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:24:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shrikefan:

They can be transfered you just can't build them with the goal of the money being part of your income as a regular course of business.

So if you pass, they can be willed to someone and I am guessing you can loan them while you're alive as well.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:41:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Maryland_Shooter:
Originally Posted By shrikefan:

So if you pass, they can be willed to someone and I am guessing you can loan them while you're alive as well.

Don't need a trust.

This is already legal for sporting purposes.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:37:48 AM EDT
I just sent one of my homebuilt rifles to Nebraska to an FFL so they could transfer it to my in-laws.

No kicked-in doors yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:51:19 AM EDT
Just as a reminder, people have God given rights; trusts, corporations, foundations, persons or any other fiction in law are granted their rights by the state and can have them revoked by the state.
Top Top