Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2011 7:36:47 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick up an Arsenal SA93 with milled reciever, chrome lined bbl and thumbhole stock. The rifle is in good condition but there is a problem.

I took a good look at it yesterday afternoon and noticed that the front sight post was adjusted all the way up and bent. The rear sight ladder (leaf) was also slightly off center, or bent just slightly. I'm guessing the owner had a hard time sighting the rifle in. It looks like the front sight block is straight , not canted.

Any ideas/suggestions ? Potential problems that a new front post and rear ladder sight won't fix ??  It's at a pawn shop and once I buy it it's mine, no returns and I can't shoot it first.

I can get the rifle for 425$ out the door. 10 bux for a front post and whatever the cost of replacing the rear sight is (50 bux maybe ???) I can have an Arsenal for under 500 bones if I don't buy an Ironwood stock for it .

What do you Guru's think ??  I do not know my way around the AK platform but do my own gunsmithing.

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
At that price grab it & worry about the minor shit later. Seriously, GRAB IT.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At that price grab it & worry about the minor shit later. Seriously, GRAB IT.  GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
For $425 buy it

The price of a front site post and rear site is neglible
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I figured for 425$ I couldn't go wrong providing there isn't an underlying problem with the sights (why the last owner couldn't make it shoot straight).

What would cause the AK's windage to be so far off besides a canted fron sight post ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah I figured for 425$ I couldn't go wrong providing there isn't an underlying problem with the sights (why the last owner couldn't make it shoot straight).

What would cause the AK's windage to be so far off besides a canted fron sight post ?

My SA-93 shoots pretty dead on with the original non- adjustable rear sight

I recently bought a NIW  windage adjustable rear sight for around $30

I highly doubt the front sight base is canted but you never know

Scoop the rifle up, purchase a FS Post and a windage adjustable rear sight ( rear sight base spring is cheap too ) MOJOis an option too

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
For the price, definitely buy it!!!

Used to be able to find SA93 for $400-450 all day long, but those days are long gone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You said the rear leaf was bent or off center. There's a likely reason.
Check the notches in the RSB. If one of the notches is deformed or has a burr it can cause the leaf to be misaligned.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top