Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 4:13:59 PM EDT
What effective aftermarket AK 74 flash suppressors are out there at the moment?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Bulgarian 4 part - but it's heavy at 7.15 oz.

I just got a manticore 3 prong flash hider in, very nice fit (detent notches all around) and it's 3 ounces lighter and a quarter inch shorter than the bulgy. I lucked out and it times with a prong at 6 o'clock so it shouldn't kit up dirt.

I'll be giving it a run in the carbine match this weekend. Since the 104-UR has a flash visible from space it's easy to tell if a flash hider is working.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The 3 and 4 pronged, open ended flash hiders like the Manticore Eclipse, Krebs, etc. seem to work the best, and they are available for 14x1 and 24x1.5 threading.
The Bulgarian 4-piece also works well, but it is heavy.

There are combo devices like the Lantac Dragon and Griffin Armament Flash Comp that work well as brakes/comps, but not as well as flash hiders and are only available in 14x1, as far as AKs go.
You can put their blast jackets on to hide flash but it reduces the effectiveness of the brake/comp.

Personally, I like Manticore Arms' offerings, and this video showcases their effectiveness at the beginning with a F/A Yugo M92 and some spectacular fireballs.
You can see how well the Eclipse works here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuzoiLKAFwA

AK Operators Union and Mrgunsandgear have a number of AK muzzle devices that they have tested, some of which I have listed here, so be sure to check them out.

AK Operators Union testing 6 devices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHUst1Ivzlo
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
CNC warrior makes good affordable stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top