AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2011 7:31:50 PM EDT
Krink bbl

Anyone try these barrels on builds?
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They might of just came out so I doubt anyones used one on a build. I was just up there to pick up mine and my brothers krink kit and I was never mentioned they had barrels for them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
also, why not just get a bluejack barrel? Thats what I'm running.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I was investigating before I bought a bluejack, as these are $100 compared to $170...are you building the kits yourself or sending them to a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Hah! They've been advertising that Krinkov barrels would be available soon... since last January!
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I was investigating before I bought a bluejack, as these are $100 compared to $170...are you building the kits yourself or sending them to a gunsmith?

I'm sending mine out.  100 bucks seems like a deal  I guess as long as its the correct twist rate, chrome lined, and crowned correctly it should be fine. They have no specs on them on their website though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I might give them a call for more details on these. I wish I was handy at making krinkov barrels, bluejack seems to sell them like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Well tits.

I just got my BlueJack barrel...  I'm thinking about picking up a 16" just so I can build and then I'll re-barrel when my Form 1 finally shows up...

Link Posted: 9/4/2011 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#8]
they still supplied with those parts kits?  I might jump on this deal with the barrel and the kit, what is the correct length the barrel needs to be?
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'm proud to say I took the plunge!!!!!!!!  ordered the barrel and the kit, praying everything works out
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Just ordered one of these as well.. Should have it by Tuesday/Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep us posted  
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Rguns wont let me order states shipping method invalid?
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#13]
WooHoo! On the way!

Anybody know which which scope rail I need to get for the side of the receiver?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rguns wont let me order states shipping method invalid?

Call them??
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Any updates? Just ordered my kit and bbl yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered a kit, barrel, and a sf reciever....mmmm..new build.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I read that these barrels are 1 and 8 twist. I wonder what the ID is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
wooohooo! parts arrived, having the wife send me pictures of it, can't wait, now just to finish up getting the receiver then I can start my NFA crap
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any updates? Just ordered my kit and bbl yesterday.

Got both an 8 inch and 16 inch, as said earlier the twist is 1/8.  The ends are not threaded though, so if you were going to attach a suppressor or fake can of some sort you would have to get a sleeve style.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#20]
are you talking for the 16' barrel?  because the threads for a krink are on the sight block...
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#21]
hey my kit did not come with a side scope mount rail, does anybody know where to get one?  I've seen a couple here and there but is there specific one for AKS-74U's or 5.45?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
hey my kit did not come with a side scope mount rail, does anybody know where to get one?  I've seen a couple here and there but is there specific one for AKS-74U's or 5.45?

To my knowledge none of those kits came with an optic rail because they are all AKS-74Us. There were no AKS-74UN kits in the batch that I know of, and I don't think there were a lot of AKS-74UNs made anyway.

Having said that, I was going to build mine out as a AKS-74UN, but I bought a Bulgarian build instead. The rail I was going to use is now listed for sale in the EE, and would be the correct style rail for the model year of those Tula kits.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
ya, that's what I was guessing, I bet those AKS-74UN's were much more of a rarity, but you can use either a Bulgarian or Russian side rail?
Will this one work?: K-var Bulgy Rail
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ya, that's what I was guessing, I bet those AKS-74UN's were much more of a rarity, but you can use either a Bulgarian or Russian side rail?
Will this one work?: K-var Bulgy Rail

Functionally it should work fine because it is the same rivet pattern. It's a good rail and I have a bunch of them installed.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
These barrels are 1 in 8 twist and the wrong twist rate for the AKS-74u rifles. They are, however, chrome-lined so they should last a while. Pretty good for the value, but not correct.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:22:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Then what is the correct twist rate?

I assume these will stabilize the round?
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#27]
The correct twist rate is 1:6.3. Having said that, people have had good performance out of cut down 1:8 East German and Bulgarian barrels. So this is similar to the optic rail question. Is the 1:8 historically accurate? No. Will it work? Yes it will work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#28]
hmmmm, that's got me worried a little bit, so 1:8 seems to be what the normal AK-74 twist rate is, and they increased it for the AKS-74U, but a lot of other people are using 1:8 twist without issues in an 8 inch barrel?
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
hmmmm, that's got me worried a little bit, so 1:8 seems to be what the normal AK-74 twist rate is, and they increased it for the AKS-74U, but a lot of other people are using 1:8 twist without issues in an 8 inch barrel?

That seems to be the case from what I've read. You may also want to consider that 99.9% of the SLR-106UR and SLR-107URs started out with a 16" barrel and associated twist rate and the ones that have been cut down appear to give acceptable performance. I'm not sure what barrels were used in the very small number of factory SBR 106s and 107s, but I'd bet they started as 16" barrels as well.

If you want a correct 1:6.3 twist barrel there are not a lot of options out there. You'll need to get one of the Bluejack V3 barrels, or find an original Bulgarian AKSU barrel for sale somewhere.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to be the case from what I've read. You may also want to consider that 99.9% of the SLR-106UR and SLR-107URs started out with a 16" barrel and associated twist rate and the ones that have been cut down appear to give acceptable performance. I'm not sure what barrels were used in the very small number of factory SBR 106s and 107s, but I'd bet they started as 16" barrels as well.

If you want a correct 1:6.3 twist barrel there are not a lot of options out there. You'll need to get one of the Bluejack V3 barrels, or find an original Bulgarian AKSU barrel for sale somewhere.

aaahhh, forgot about that, the 106UR's and 107UR's, well that will give me some piece of mind
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
are you talking for the 16' barrel?  because the threads for a krink are on the sight block...

Yes the 16" isn't threaded
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Twist rate is the least of your worries, I have a cut down East German barrel that is 1:8 twist and it is as accurate as any 1:6.3 barrel out there. What you need to worry about with those barrels is that the bore is incorrect. By that I mean a Russian or Com Block barrel will take a .212-.214 pin before the pin gets tight in the barrel, the American made barrels will not take a pin smaller than a .217-.218. This means that the bore is oversized and this may or may not affect accuracy depending on whose post you read.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm sure your 1in8 barrel is adequate. However, they didn't change twist rate for no reason. They did it to effectively stabilize the round. I'm sure it shoots well for your needs and distances, but if I'm going to build an expensive parts kit I would rather get it as close as possible. I think when E. German barrels were plentiful, that was the way to go. Now we have a great barrel coming from bluejack with the right twist rate. If you can't get the real thing, I think his barrels are the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#34]
hmmmm, how long until those are released?  what about green mountains new barrels that are supposed to be coming out?

anybody test their new Rguns barrel yet for diameter?
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
hmmmm, how long until those are released?  what about green mountains new barrels that are supposed to be coming out?

anybody test their new Rguns barrel yet for diameter?

The V3 barrels have already been released. He may still have a few left from the first run, and I believe that more are coming in a few weeks as well.

Go here to learn more.
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a Krink in 5.45 with a previously new un-used E. German barrel 1 in 8" twist, cut down for krink length. It shoots out wobbly bullets (Bulgy and Russian ammo) with the muzzle brake on, and the bullets stabilize past 30 feet. Accuracy suffers as a result. However, with the brake off there are no wobbly bullets. The bore is correct at .214". I have the past 2 Bluejack barrels, but only had the larger bore version when I chose the E. German barrel. I will probably change out the barrel to the V3 Bluejack which is .214", and 1 in 6" twist. Here is my Polytech to Tula RR conversion by Mario at POH. Bottom line is I would get the proper twist.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm sure your 1in8 barrel is adequate. However, they didn't change twist rate for no reason. They did it to effectively stabilize the round. I'm sure it shoots well for your needs and distances, but if I'm going to build an expensive parts kit I would rather get it as close as possible. I think when E. German barrels were plentiful, that was the way to go. Now we have a great barrel coming from bluejack with the right twist rate. If you can't get the real thing, I think his barrels are the way to go.

I'll put my E.G barrel against that Bluejack barrel any day! What is he on his fourth version of the barrel and still can't get it right? He is just now getting the bore correct on the third version but can't get the gas port drilled in a groove! What happened to all those folks on the first 2 versions. I can shoot off hand at 200yds and hit a 6" piece of steel with irons try that with your BlueJunk barrel! Here is a pic of the first three shots out of my 1:8 twist E.G. barrel at 30-35 yrds, those are one inch squares. Nothing wobbly out of this barrel at any distance!

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Here is a pic of one of the targets showing how wobbly the bullets are, this at about 20 to 30 feet...
not every one gets great results with the E. German barrel. Mine was brand new, bore measured at .214" with MSC pins. I sent it to Mario at POHF for him to cut down and profile to krink specs. The ammo I use is from AIMsurplus and Wideners, Bulgarian and Russian surplus new in the cans. Most of the bullet holes are not round, and show varying degrees of tilt. When I take the muzzle brake off the bullet upset is much reduced, almost negligible.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#39]
so have you tried any other brake/muzzle flash reduction system on your Krink?  How about the same brake type, just a different one?
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Standard krink and 4 piece Bulgarian muzzle type breaks both shoot like this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Here is a pic of one of the targets showing how wobbly the bullets are, this at about 20 to 30 feet...

not every one gets great results with the E. German barrel. Mine was brand new, bore measured at .214" with MSC pins. I sent it to Mario at POHF for him to cut down and profile to krink specs. The ammo I use is from AIMsurplus and Wideners, Bulgarian and Russian surplus new in the cans. Most of the bullet holes are not round, and show varying degrees of tilt. When I take the muzzle brake off the bullet upset is much reduced, almost negligible.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/faldoc/POHF%20AKS-74U/IMG_4118.jpg

Well I don't know who does Mario's machine work or if he does his own. I have never of heard Loner42's barrel having these results, if the crown isn't cut just right these results that you are having are typical. If the crown isn't cut right the muzzle device will most likely amplify the unbalanced gases as they exit the barrel. I have built a total of three Tula krinks all with E.G. barrels and all the barrel work was done by Loner42, all have preformed flawlessly at any range. I have a fourth kit sitting in the safe waiting for a 74LLC receiver it too has a cut down E.G. barrel.

Off hand at 200yrds:

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When I take the muzzle brake off the bullet upset is much reduced, almost negligible.

I'm confused as to why you believe the barrel is the culprit, based on this statement...
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I take the muzzle brake off the bullet upset is much reduced, almost negligible.

I'm confused as to why you believe the barrel is the culprit, based on this statement...

sounds like the muzzle break is out of spec or the threading is off creating a non-linear diameter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Bluejack is fixing it so it's in the groove. Mine was fortunate to be drilled in the groove. E. German barrels are probably fine, but you can't buy them anymore. If they pop up you're going to pay around $200+ (what I've seen them for lately). If you have one and want to off load, let me know. I'd buy one if it were the right price. However, if you're going to pay for $200+ and then a reprofile on top of that cost, I'd rather go with the 1in6 Bluejack barrel that is now in spec.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds like the muzzle break is out of spec or the threading is off creating a non-linear diameter.

Agreed, the barrel is not the problem here. I'm thinking the FSB threads are out of spec since he said it happens with two different brakes....

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#46]
The play in the threads is no worse than in any AK I have, and it looks concentric. When I change out the barrel I will post if it shoots any better.  
As far as the gas port being drilled in the groove is concerned, a look into by Romanian AK47, Bulgarian AK74, Bulgarian SLR (7.62), Polish AK47, shows it is hit or miss. The 2 clearly centered in the groove are the Bulgarians. The other 2 are into or across the lands.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The play in the threads is no worse than in any AK I have, and it looks concentric. When I change out the barrel I will post if it shoots any better.  
As far as the gas port being drilled in the groove is concerned, a look into by Romanian AK47, Bulgarian AK74, Bulgarian SLR (7.62), Polish AK47, shows it is hit or miss. The 2 clearly centered in the groove are the Bulgarians. The other 2 are into or across the lands.

Yes please update us. Yours is the only negative report I've seen concerning the performance of one of the cut down 1:8 barrels. Mine currently has a 16" 1:8 barrel which will be cut down once my stamp arrives. I'm going to do some before and after groups to see what the effect is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I might be wrong, but a bullet existing an 8 inch Krink barrel with 1:8 will be spinning just as fast as one exiting a 16 inch barrel with 1:8.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The correct twist rate is 1:6.3. Having said that, people have had good performance out of cut down 1:8 East German and Bulgarian barrels. So this is similar to the optic rail question. Is the 1:8 historically accurate? No. Will it work? Yes it will work just fine.

well i was worried about but for the price i cant complain  my parts kit came 2 days ago and i bought the 8in barrel  NDS receiver for mine!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Got this RGuns barrel for russian kit. Few issues.
1. Twist is not 1 in 6, rather like 1 in 8.
2. It fits loose in the trunion, not a biggy but still an issue
3. The most importantly, the bore is not 5.45. Is is rather 5.56. Can see a bullet test below
4. FSB journal is not within specks, its too short for a pin. Can see comaprison of russian stub and RGungs barrel
So I sent it back for refund, will see how that goes

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top