Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Posted: 7/9/2008 9:30:56 PM EDT
I picked up another set of Krink handgards and the lower HG is a little different and appears to be modified.  The darker HG's on the right are stock and came w/my demilled kit.  The lighter HG set on the left has part of the wood cut away on the lower part of the HG.  Will this affect the fit or do i need to try and send these back?? If this area doesnt affect anything, why would someone have done this modification??  

Link Posted: 7/10/2008 12:17:04 AM EDT
It looks like the handguards on the left have been modified (trimmed) to fit a milled receiver gun. They can be made to work on a stamped receiver gun if you glue a small block of wood or plastic to build up the ledge that goes into the receiver to the original thickness. It won't show once they're mounted.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:45:04 PM EDT

Quoted:
It looks like the handguards on the left have been modified (trimmed) to fit a milled receiver gun. They can be made to work on a stamped receiver gun if you glue a small block of wood or plastic to build up the ledge that goes into the receiver to the original thickness. It won't show once they're mounted.

+1....but you might wanna slope the top piece that you add so that it won't come off during insertion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:14:05 PM EDT
I'm going to have to make a similar modification once my build is done.  I'm guessing that there is a dimensional difference between my NDS receiver and the original. Obviously, the tunnion hasn't changed.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top