Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2008 5:04:09 PM EDT
I have a Romanian AK which I purchased new it’s in excellent shape even though I shot 1500 rounds though it.  I’ve been thinking about turning it into a “black” AK but I’m trying to decide whether it’s best to leave it “Old School” or turn it into a “black” AK.
The two pictures below show the original AK and what it would look like if I mod it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Maximum1_photo/StockAK.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Maximum1_photo/AK47_AllEquipt.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#1]

I cant bring up your photo- link not working.

And to answer your question, Set your ak up the way you need it. I set mine up the way I wanted it to perform. I am completely happy with mine. The only thing I want to add is either an aimpoint or eotech sight. Dont listen to everyone else. Set it up the way you want to.

Good luck and have fun with it....
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/cigarlover1/IMG_0409.jpg

And to answer your question, Set your ak up the way you need it. I set mine up the way I wanted it to perform. I am completely happy with mine. The only thing I want to add is either an aimpoint or eotech sight. Dont listen to everyone else. Set it up the way you want to.

I agree, you can always get another 1 or 2 more!! http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn443/thefallenstar1/0911081600.jpghttp://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn443/thefallenstar1/0830082029.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I have a Romanian AK which I purchased new it’s in excellent shape even though I shot 1500 rounds though it.  I’ve been thinking about turning it into a “black” AK but I’m trying to decide whether it’s best to leave it “Old School” or turn it into a “black” AK.
The two pictures below show the original AK and what it would look like if I mod it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Maximum1_photo/StockAK.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Maximum1_photo/AK47_AllEquipt.jpg

Which holographic Red Dot Sight is installed on your AK?  Also is that a Quad-Rail Mount manufactured by Leapers?
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW to view my pics you can copy/paste the link into the browser
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
between the two pics in the first post, all that stuff is bolt on (for the scope, yours will need a scope mount on the side of the receiver if it doesn't have one already), so if you want to switch it over go a head and it can be switched back later if you want.
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

cigarlover- Where did you purchase the Quad-Rail Mount and what did you pay for it? Also, who's the manfacturer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
varmintslayer223 - same questions: Where did you purchase the Quad-Rail Mount with Rubber Rail Covers and what did you pay for it? Also, who's the manfacturer?
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
varmintslayer223 - same questions: Where did you purchase the Quad-Rail Mount with Rubber Rail Covers and what did you pay for it? Also, who's the manfacturer?

Its a UTG rail, I got it at a local gun show for $60. Midway has em for $70 www.midwayusa.com/Eproductpage.Exe/showproduct?saleitemid=520438 Its a cheapy rail but it works just fine for me. You may need to do a little fitting. It comes with some shims. Look around you may find them cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/18/2008 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks varmintslayer223!   I didn't know about the shims but for $69 bucks I not surprised or disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
Thanks varmintslayer223!   I didn't know about the shims but for $69 bucks I not surprised or disappointment.

No Problemo.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Can you close that stock?
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have BRD, like they say: once you go black you never go back

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 9/28/2008 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#13]
After much consideration, reading reviews and searching available sites for parts  I "pulled the tirgger" and bought the parts I need to convert my stock AK to a "black rifle"

I purchased:
6 Position Collapsible Stock
Pistol Grip w\ Battery Compartment
Quad-Rail Mount
Folding Vertical Rail Grip
Dual Sided Scope Mount
30 Round Original Bulgarian Black Polymer Mag
Holographic Red Dot Sight (although inexpensive one) – decided to not buy a nice one since I don’t really know if I’ll like it over a “traditional" scope.

I look forward to pulling it together.  I'll send pics when its done.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I likey
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I made the decision to "mod" mine. I had to cut the tang at the rear and also cut off the sling loop on the lower handguard retainer. I got the components for cheap, and decided it was better to hack up a WASR than a $600+ AK!

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top