Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 7/4/2007 1:22:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 1:32:12 PM EDT
YES!

Please make sure it fits all of the rails available including the Ohio Rapid Fire version.  

If you were able to make a rail that was solid and allowed some adjustment for out of spec rails or rails that were canted up/dn it would be a big seller.  

The trick is that the mount needs to have the ability to compensate for the sloppy installs on some rails that leave them slightly tilted.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 1:35:46 PM EDT
I don't know if AK guys would buy it. I just bought a PK-AS-V (made in Belarus). The V mount is pretty good. I paid $209 for the sight and mount together, and I think that's pretty cheap for a quick detach throw lever mount of any kind, especially a decent one like the V. I had thought about buying an eastern bloc mount for an EOTech, but decided againt the EOTech for the AK.

So long as eastern hardware is so cheap, I don't know if your mount would sell. My AK is my "I don't give a fuck" rifle. It shoots corrosive ammo and has a communist-made red dot scope, complete with watch batteries and parralax. I couldn't see myself buying any LaRue products for it.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 1:38:14 PM EDT
Doubleplus yes!. BSW
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 1:40:52 PM EDT
Now if you would just figure out a way to incorporate your field survival tool (bottle opener) into your scope mounts, So people can ask what does that thingie on the side do......"here let me show ya".
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 6:42:02 PM EDT
Oh my goodness, yes!! Please make it!!

If possible make it centered over the bore and low enough to use the irons through the optic.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 6:51:31 PM EDT
I say no.  Now get back to work on your monolithic upper...

ETA:  Or your match triggers/folding BUIS/front BUIS/keychains...lemme see what else I can think of.
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 7:18:40 PM EDT
I wannna say no...But got any Pics of what you might be working on???
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 7:21:48 PM EDT
Here is a thought:

Are you talking about a rail to replace the forearm or a rail to mount to the side of the receiver?  

I was assuming that you were talking about a mounting rail that would attach to the side of the receiver...which the market needs.  There are not a lot of sturdy rails that have the adjustability.  

However, there are a lot of good rails that replace the forearm.  The Surefire is a good example.  Unless you could price it under the surefire, it would not sell.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 7:50:30 PM EDT
yes make it, if you make a low mount side mount for and ak that lets me cowitness the irons while using an aimpoint i will be forever greatful.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:03:25 PM EDT
It'll look good on my VEPR!
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:12:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:17:44 PM EDT
I am currently building 2 SBR AK's, I would be interested, depending on the design.

In other words, TAG.
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:23:47 PM EDT
Love your mounts for my ar's
Don't use optics on any of my AK's.
If I did I would get something Russian, but that's just my opinion.
What whoever said about you monolithic project.
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:32:20 PM EDT
interested
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 8:33:48 PM EDT

Quoted:
Love your mounts for my ar's
Don't use optics on any of my AK's.
If I did I would get something Russian, but that's just my opinion.
What whoever said about you monolithic project.

Hey Mark, I'm going to keep stirring up as much stuff over this monolithic project until it gets done, so you might as well make it sooner rather than later...
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 9:27:37 PM EDT

Quoted:
Quoted:
yes make it, if you make a low mount side mount for and ak that lets me cowitness the irons while using an aimpoint i will be forever greatful.  

Yeah, give me three.
Link Posted: 7/4/2007 11:57:00 PM EDT
You might want to check your concept over at akforum.net too....
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:01:03 AM EDT

PLEASE DO NOT PUNT THE BITCH!!!

There is really NOTHING else out there right now that is a really good way to put an Aimpoint  over the receiver, low enough to see the irons through it.  The Ultimak as well as the new Krebs contraption are both no-go (for me) for several reasons.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:07:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:08:33 AM EDT
oh hell yes,  I'd buy an HK jsut to get whwatever you make.

plus you should run this by the folks over in the sandbox that are running AK's... I know I didn't liek the balance with the ultimak and I've seen them in use by contractors over there (in pics!)....   Give them a larue moutn built off the siderail adn I'm sure they'd ditch the ultimaks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:10:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:42:46 AM EDT

Quoted:
It lays that CompM2 right in there perfect...irons low in the window.

But alas, I do notice that there are damn few of y'all over here.

ML

truth is, you're profits won't come from us.  most AK guys are cheap bastards who will tapco-fuck their rifles to death, adn the guys that spend the cheese want the authentic look.

IMO, the money is with these guys:

so they can get rid of this:

Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:48:31 AM EDT

Quoted:
Give them a larue moutn built off the siderail adn I'm sure they'd ditch the ultimaks.

I don't know about "them," but I sure would! The ability to co-witness the irons is the ONLY reason I've gone the Ultimak route. Not being able to take the gas tube off for cleaning (without having to re-zero the optic) is a bit of a PITA, and the added weight up front unbalances the gun considerably.

Link Posted: 7/5/2007 7:50:01 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give them a larue moutn built off the siderail adn I'm sure they'd ditch the ultimaks.

I don't know about "them," but I sure would! The ability to co-witness the irons is the ONLY reason I've gone the Ultimak route. Not being able to take the gas tube off for cleaning (without having to re-zero the optic) is a bit of a PITA, and the added weight up front unbalances the gun considerably.

Hear him!

Exactly my feelings. I'm either stuck with marginal Russki optics or some kludge.

I for one would like to volunteer my services as a test subject. BSW
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 7:56:17 AM EDT
I will take one plus I am offering to beta test on.  I have a pile of AKs in various cals that could be used for testing.

Cheers Jim
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 8:53:11 AM EDT
a picture mark im begging you.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 10:41:12 AM EDT
Mark,

Make it.

And while your at it, make me an ultra low Aimpoint QD ring/mount that will work with my Krebs KTR-03S topcover rail, and have a lower 1/3 co-witness.
<­BR>

­
<­BR>

Please
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 10:59:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 3:58:48 PM EDT
Mark,

Might be a good idea to gauge interest on AKforum.net also....loads of practical AK users there... A link to this thread was already posted in the optics forum over there....

p.s. To mods/staff...like I said users frequenting both boards place crossboard links, I'm a moderator over there in both GD, videolibrary and optics forums...I saw no need to delete postings of users crosslinking. I reposted the same basic message again because I must have missed the conduct rule I broke by referencing to AKforum....
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:07:12 PM EDT

Quoted:
Mark,

Might be a good idea to gauge interest on AKforum.net also....loads of practical AK users there... A link to this thread was already posted in the optics forum over there....

p.s. To mods/staff...like I said users frequenting both boards place crossboard links, I'm a moderator over there in both GD, videolibrary and optics forums...I saw no need to delete postings of users crosslinking. I reposted the same basic message again because I must have missed the conduct rule I broke by referencing to AKforum....

Holy shit!  You're still around!?
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:09:58 PM EDT
Like the ghost of AR15.com past....but heading on out to my own turf again...

Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:27:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:36:07 PM EDT
we are yay
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:38:08 PM EDT
I just saw this thread over at the AK forum...

I would be intereted in one or more...

I think the problem with the current mounts is the fact they they make the front end extremely heavy...very unbalanced.  On an underfolder, it is even worse.  I have several different variations of AKs...and took the front rails off all of them because of the weight of optics out front.

I have a low side mount, but it is very lacking...and too bulky in my opinion.

If you were to make something low that will cowitness as stated before, you would have a winner.....if you make it slimmer profile and less bulky....you got a smoker.

Lets see a teaser pic....thats what will sell it....
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 4:48:00 PM EDT
this would be good for the ak.
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:23:44 PM EDT
Mark,

Please - oh please!  Would be the holy grail of the AK if you could.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:31:44 PM EDT
I would be interested in a mount for my saiga that includes iron sights near the rear of the dust cover, as well as a co-witnessed aimpoint.

A mount for the acog would be very useful.

--mort
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:47:51 PM EDT
I would buy a quality mount for my AK106, that I am becoming exceedingly fond of.
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:51:30 PM EDT

Quoted:

Make it, and it will sell.
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 5:53:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 6:25:57 PM EDT
no
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 8:53:31 PM EDT

Quoted:
no

why? little vassily is a pussy he needs to tuffin up and stop crying everytime someone wants something besides a set of dark red hand guards on his ak.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2007 11:42:11 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark,

Ghost-from-ARFcom-past ,

So what did the guys over yonder on AKforum.net think ??? Yea or nay ??

ML

Why don't you come over and find out...we won't bite...(hard)

If you are able to make a sidemounting optics rail that has advantages over say the BP-02 mount...(i.e. longer rail, piccatinny instead of weaver. etc etc) you got a good chance it'll sell.

Prototype pictures? CadCam drawings anything of a concept....Better to have something to show, market's pretty crowded and there's enough choice. If LaRue makes something that's sticking out with head and shoulders...
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 3:02:29 AM EDT
I just noticed Kuip's post on the AKforum.  Mark, looks promising.
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 5:58:14 AM EDT

Quoted:
Alot of the AKs don't have the side mounts, especially underfolders.

I think the ticket is to make one of your "Iron-Dot" units that would replace the rear sight.
Just remove the rear sight from its pivot, and put some kind of lo-mount Iron Dot setup on that spot. If you want it really low, you can cantilever it to the rear a little, over the action cover.
It would serve as dot sight and iron sight, and go on all AKs.
Easy to remove the action cover, underfolders can use it, and so can the regular AKs that aren't equipped with the side rail on the receiver.

not a ahlf bad idea.  the ACE moutn with built in rear sight is still in demand for that reasons.  otpic and buis based on teh rear sight base....
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 6:06:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 6:09:17 AM EDT

Quoted:
Mark,
I thought it was funny when you guys bought a AK from us last year.   Now i know why,

Link Posted: 7/6/2007 6:12:03 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make it, and it will sell.

The mans right...
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 6:25:12 AM EDT
Don't forget the guys with the AK shotguns too....another market as well?
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 6:50:01 AM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Top Top