Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:18:28 PM EDT
I've got several of the Bulgys that came in plastic, covered in oil and have had no problems with them.  I would like a flat back back better, but does the spine add structural integrity?  Or will the strength between the two be negligible?
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Chugos will be plenty strong. The spine was a cheap and easy way to manufacture the mag (weld 2 halves together). cheap and easy is what the AK-47 was all about. some improvements happened after 1947, I would consider the flat backs to be an improvement.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright looks like I'll pick up some Chugos.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also modify those Chugos and make em bolt hold open mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered 4 chugos from AIM.  But I was wondering if any metal follower will work in my bulgys?  I'd like for the peace of mind, to have my bulgy's all metal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Just an FYI, there are many firearms manufacturers that have used plastic followers for years and years, even Decades without issue. I have used some of the Bulgarian mags with the plastic followers without issue. I don't think it's something to lose sleep over. Not giving you crap, just saying.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, there are many firearms manufacturers that have used plastic followers for years and years, even Decades without issue. I have used some of the Bulgarian mags with the plastic followers without issue. I don't think it's something to lose sleep over. Not giving you crap, just saying.

I guess that's true, I haven't had any problems with them.  I guess I'll just leave them as is, and if I do find a problem, change it out then.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top