Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:45:12 AM EDT
There is a guy on Gunbroker selling what he claims to be original, mil-spec, steel core ball, tracer and incendiary 7.62x39mm ammunition, claiming it to be made in Finland. The only truth to it is the brass was made in Finland. This guy is a con-artist, using cases from the wood-bulleted blanks currently on the market to sell improperly marked fake ammunition. If this guy had any brains, he would know that Finland does not and never did use green to mark their tracers, nor did they use blue for incendiary, or black for steel core ball, which they never even made!

D.D.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Care to name names?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Seller's name is "deuce45s" or something like that. I pressed him for info and he gave me the usual line of "well, I got these from a guy..." and "the headstamp is Finnish, so I assume it is original...". If you look at all of the stuff he is selling, he looks like a reloader with a big imagination. He claims that all the different items he is selling comes from various manufacturers, but if you look closely, it all has the same color of paint on the tips! Sure hope this guy has a ammunition manufacturer's license and liability insurance....

D.D.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
That is very dangerous because the casings used in blanks are often rejects from regular production that were sent to be used in lower powered blank applications.  

Somebody is going to get hurt from that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've examined and safely reloaded this Finnish blank brass and it is A-OK, The Finns reload ball and blank cases over and over into blanks, so they only make quality brass. The point being is that this guy is selling something that is not what he is claiming it to be.

D.D.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks DD!
Have you thought about posting this, with a link to the faked rounds, over at the IAA forums? The guys over there would probably get a kick out of it. It would start a pretty lively discussion in any case.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I suspect the guys over at the IAA forum would be able to spot these fakes a mile away, just as I did...

D.D.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I suspect the guys over at the IAA forum would be able to spot these fakes a mile away, just as I did...

D.D.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they would, but they'd still find it amusing. ...or infuriating. ...or both.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top