Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:32:56 PM EDT
HERE IS A YUGO MILLED RPK THAT WAS AQUIRED FROM CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS AWHILE AGO FOR $119.AT THE TIME THERE WAS NO WAY TO BUILD THESE KITS FOR A REASONABLE PRICE.THIS IS A METHOD I FOUND SOMEWHERE ELSE.THE TRICK IS TO GRIND DOWN THE MILLED RECEIVER STUBS TO FIT INSIDE A TAPCO FLAT AND WELD THEM IN.YOU MUST HAVE A PRO WELDER DO THE JOB FOR SAFETY.THE FLAT THAT WAS USED WAS A UNDERFOLDER SCREWUP,SO IT WORKED OUT WELL.
HERE IS THE KIT AFTER DEGREASING AND DEMILLING THE TRIGGERGUARD

FIRST GRIND DOWN THE REAR STUB AS TO FIT INSIDE THE BENT BLANK.GO SLOW AND KEEP TESTING UNTIL YOU GET A GOOD FIT.USE A 4 INCH ANGLE GRINGER FOR ALL THE GRINDING HF ABOUT $20.AS YOU CAN SEE I CUT THE FRONT OF THE STUB JUST BEFORE THE LAST RIVIT HOLE

HERE IT IS FINISHED UP

NEXT TEST FIT INSIDE THE RECEIVER

HERE IS A PIC OF IT RIVITED IN BEFORE WELDING

NOW TO THE FRONT STUB.YOU HAVE TO CUT OFF THE FRONT PART OF THE STUB TO SHORTEN IT.CUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SHOULDED.MAKE SURE YOU USE GOOD BLADE AND CUT STRAIGHT.

NOW YOU HAVE TO DECREASE THE SIDES OF THE TRUNNION TO FIT INSIDE THE BLANK.EACH SIDE HAS TO BE NARROWED .425 OF A INCH,OR ABOUT THE WIDTH OF A DIME.THE WAY TO DO THIS IS TO DRILL ABOUT 5 DIVITS .40 THOUSANDS THICK AS GUIDES SO YOU DO NOT TAKE TO MUCH OFF.USE A PIECE OF TAPE OR DRILL GUILDE AND MARK .40 THOUSANDS.YOU CAN FINAL FIT WITH A FILE.GO SLOW AND KEEP CHECKING.THE IDEA IS TO GRIND A SHOULDER INTO THE STUB JUST LIKE A STAMPED RECEIVER HAS.

DRILL BIT MARKED .40 THOUSANDS

FRONT STUB MARKED TO THE CORRECT DEPTH AND READY FOR GRINDING.

NOW MEASURE DOWN 1/2 INCH AND SCRIBE A LINE FROM THE TOP OF THE STUB.YOU WILL GRIND BELOW THIS LINE AS SHOWN IN PREVIOUS PICS.DO THE SAME ON THE OTHER SIDE.

THKE A PIECE OF METAL AND CLAMP IT TO THE STUB AS A FENCE TO KEEP YOU GRINDING STRAIGHT.STUB ALMOST FINISHED.NOTICE YOU CAN STILL SEE A LITTLE BIT OF THE DRILL MARKS.FINISH FITING BY FILE.

NOW YOU HAVE TO GRIND THE BOTTOM PART OF THE TRUNNION BECAUSE IT IS TOO TALL.THE FINAL HIGHT SHOULD BE ABOUT 1.10.AGAIN GRIND AND KEEP TESTING FOR CORRECT FIT.BE SURE TO LEAVE ENOUGH FOR THE MAG CATCH.

FINISHED GRINDING BOTH SIDES

NOW YOU HAVE TO GRIND DOWN AND ROUND OFF WHERE THE BOLT CARRIER GOES INTO THE TRUNNION.YOU HAVE TO MAKE RAMPS FOR THE BOLT TO GO INTO THE TRUNNION,JUST LIKE A STAMPED TRUNNION HAS. USE A FILE AND GO SLOW.KEEP TESTING.ALWAYS REMEMBER IT IS HARDER TO PUT ON MATERIAL THAN TAKE IT OFF.

NOW CLAMP THE FRONT AND REAR TRUNNIONS INTO THE FLAT AFTER YOU RIVIT IN THE TRIGGERGUARD.TEST EVERYTHING FOR FIT.MAKE SURE EVERYTHING LINES UP AND MAG AND TOPCOVER ARE TIGHT.I USED A CLAMP TO HOLD THE FRONT TRUNNION IN.BACK STUB HAD A RIVIT TO HOLD IT IN PLACE.

ONCE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING LINES UP AND WORKS, WELD IN THE TRUNNIONS.I USED A RIVIT FOR THE CROSSMEMBER.IF TO DO NOT WANT TO WELD,YOU COULD ALSO DO A SCREW BUILD.TAP THE REAR SYUB AND FRONT MILLED DOWN STUB. YOUR CHOICE.
FINISHED RECEIVER

RIFLE BEFOR REFINISHING.

WOOD SANDED AND REFINISHED WITH TUNGOIL,RECEIVER PAINTED WITH ALLUMHYDE 2,REST OF RIFLE GONE OVER WITH COLD BLUE.

THE BARREL EATS A BULLET TO THE CASE,THE BORE WAS DARK,BUT LOOK AT THE RESULTS.THESE ARE BATTLE RIFLES AND MADE TO SHOOT M.O.M,MINUTE OF MAN.YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT WITH THIS RIFLE.TOTAL COST ABOUT $210.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:57:35 PM EDT
Excellent work! You should be proud!
Link Posted: 12/16/2007 12:03:11 PM EDT
Excellent tutorial!  No excuse for anyone with a minimum of mechanical ability and a few tools not to make one of these!
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:39:25 PM EDT
Way nice! I have a Yugo sitting in front of me that your method would work very well on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 2:31:02 PM EDT
That's a smart way to build a milled AK or RPK\ by using a stamped receiver.

Mikhail Kalashnikov would be proud of you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 9:44:10 PM EDT
that is gorgeous without those rivets. one of the cleanest i have ever seen.
Top Top