Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2021 11:05:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tankpop]
This cap came with my vltor a5 kit and slips right over my surefire light - with it in place no light leaks out, so be carefull not to leave it on because it will get hot. It comes off quick but stayed on my 12.5 in ar10 with that muzzle break - finally keep that light clean when I'm not using it is nice.

There are probably white ones that will allow enough light to illuminate a room without blowing out a eotech on low settings etc.

My local hardware stores have these too.

If you need something quick a piece of painters tape over the lense works great but it will fall off with a couple seconds of light use so use sparingly.

a quick about the sights because someone always says - they are tritium back up and carry overs from using battery powered optics for hd - I can find the rifle and aim in the pitch black - engage confidentially down the length of my home and at 100 yards if I aim for your left hip, I'll hit center mass - know your holds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bro I honestly dont know if this is a joke or not. Why aren't you just using a normal sight? For the light if its for HD that is when you want a light so why are you covering it?. Also you could just partial unscrew the tail.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the concern for White light NDs  but they aren’t that big of an issue and if they are you might need to reconsider your switching set up or grip or something.

Or unscrew your tail cap whilst you crawl through the jungle towards the unsuspecting NVA position
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TonyF:
ND's with white light are why I discontinued use of pressure pads in favor of "click on-off" tail caps. The "clicky tailcaps" are more positive behaving much like a "safety / selector" while in my experience the pressure pads are less forgiving and more prone to an ND. I know for some the placement of the light on their rifle precludes the use of "click on-off" tail caps but IMHO, light position is secondary to an ND with the light that could occur at the most inopportune moment.
View Quote

Agree.  Same here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top