Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2019 1:27:07 PM EDT
Shooting prone using my magazine as monopod with a lightweight bcm 14.5" upper, how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 100 yards as beginner and how much shake should I expect after some dryfire practice for 1 hour a day for 2 weeks at 100 yards

and shooting kneeling (the kind where you place all your weight on your right foot) how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 50 yards and 100 yards as a beginner, and again how much reticle shake should I expect after 1 hour of dry fire practice for 2 weeks.

Also, and please dont let the detract from my original post does anyone know of any videos or channels on youtube that show a view from the reticle as the shooter shoots, idealy prone using the magazine as a monopod and kneeling at 50 or 100 yards. An example of what I am looking for would be supersetca's review of 1-6x optics, at 5:25 he begins shooting with a razor 1-6x with a view of the recticle I am looking for
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
“Shake” is somewhat ambiguous.  Are you talking about the rifle shaking because things are shifting?  Are you talking about the rifle shaking because the magazine being used as a monopod is rattling inside the magwell?  Are you talking about it shaking while you’re aiming because of a physical condition, or because of how you hold it?  Or is it breathing?  There may be some shake from recoil and controlling the rifle.

Point being, shaking is subjective to the user and the equipment.  If you have a solid supported shooting position, any shake you get will be from you.  In that case, you need to practice the fundamentals with controlling your breathing, getting a good shooting position and having a smooth trigger press and reset.  This comes from practice.  The most common cause of the rifle just shaking relates to muscle control and oxygen use.  Before you shoot, RELAX.  Being wound up or nervous can make it difficult.  Take some deep breaths and calm down.  If the shaking is caused by the way you’re holding it out, it can be a muscle fatigue issue which is nothing you can solve in the short term other then resting frequently between strings of fire.  A common cause of shaking is oxygen deprivation.  If you don’t have enough oxygen in your system, it’s likely because you aren’t breathing, or breathing enough.  You body requires oxygen for muscle control, vision, and pretty much everything else.

Another cause is either not shouldering and holding the rifle secure enough, or too hard.  Play around with positions and hold/grip/stance until you find something that is comfortable and then shoot and tune it in.  If that’s not the solution, there may be other issues.

You don’t want any shaking, but it’s going to be hard for anyone to diagnose anything without actually observing you and giving you direct instruction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top