Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2013 4:43:34 PM EDT
I teach BJJ, but also teach American Combat Jiujitsu.  Who here also does NONBJJ jiujitsu???
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I taught juijitsu to one of Rorian's students....
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 4:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WootShoot] [#2]
I am a shodan in traditional karate and am currently about 3 years into training in Japanese jujitsu. Why do you ask?

ETA: I love your avatar, tai otoshi is one of my favorite throws... simple and effective.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WootShoot:
I am a shodan in traditional karate and am currently about 3 years into training in Japanese jujitsu. Why do you ask?

ETA: I love your avatar, tai otoshi is one of my favorite throws... simple and effective.

I only ask out of curiosity.  Thanks for your answer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
BJJ is good, more matwork than there should be. Juijitsu is the unarmed aspect of the Samurai. Throwing is used to defeat an armored opponent, throw and break his neck or back. Today it has adapted. I teach a style heavily influenced by Filipinos.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Entryteam:
I teach BJJ, but also teach American Combat Jiujitsu.  Who here also does NONBJJ jiujitsu???

I did 4 years of Aiki JJ, and it was THE BEST real world, no-nonsense self defense system I have ever practiced.

Lots of leverage use from the body natural mechanics and force redirection, without any of the fancy Hollywood movie moves. I've used it many many times inside a cramped ambulance to subdue violent patients and since learning the system I feel very confident I can come out of a hairy situation...
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I practice Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu. Good stuff for the most part. Unfortunately I get to practice far less actively than I would like to.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I studied Japanese jujutsu in the pacific north west for around 15-20 years..  The name of the style most easily translates to "Twin Rivers",and it is a very old, classic battle field type of jujutsu.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Danzan Ryu
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Finishing my Shodan in Fudoshin Ryu Jiujitsu this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top