Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2020 4:48:58 PM EDT
Recommendations for a behind the back (EMPTY) IFAK pouch to attach to battle belt. Ideally, it will have a way to remove quickly, be small but still hold:

2 small chest seals, outside bands for cat 7, 1NPG, 1 Israeli bandage, 1 celox Rapid, 1 set of shears,  Extra gauze, pneumothorax needle, mini sharpie, small-med tape.

I have looked at BFG's but its taxxed, the vanquest is huge, looking at the TYR but its oddly designed, looked at ronin but its taxxed at $65 too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Recommendations for a behind the back (EMPTY) IFAK pouch to attach to battle belt. Ideally, it will have a way to remove quickly, be small but still hold:

2 small chest seals, outside bands for cat 7, 1NPG, 1 Israeli bandage, 1 celox Rapid, 1 set of shears,  Extra gauze, pneumothorax needle, mini sharpie, small-med tape.

I have looked at BFG's but its taxxed, the vanquest is huge, looking at the TYR but its oddly designed, looked at ronin but its taxxed at $65 too.
View Quote

I ran across a knock off of the BFG micro at the flea market last week, empty of course, talked the guy down to $10 for it. I've been looking to update my IFAK for a while and I've had my eye on the BFG micro for a bit just wasn't sure and I need to get stuff in my hands and play with it before i make decisions on stuff like this. Getting this knock off convinced me it was exactly what I was looking for as far as size and what all it holds and so I ordered the BFG micro and plan to order at least one more. I think it's a wee bit spendy too, you can get two of the knockoffs on the fleabay for around $50, but they(BFG) make good shit, i have more then a few BFG items in the mix so i might as well add more...

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, why would you want it at SOB?  Seems like a trend these days, but I don't understand it.

Better to have it up front and accessible to both hands, than back there, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ended up going with a fleabay TRex Med 1 Knockoff which was spot on except 2 important areas: The belt attachment which seems flimsy, but I did wank on it and it couldn't get it to tear, and the elastic internal pull tab pouch which was sew all the way through. A quick destitch and restitch and It works decently. I'll likely either order the real deal or get something better down the line. I messaged the seller and they sent me $8 back so it only cost $20.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top