Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2022 7:28:54 PM EDT
I am looking to start carrying an all around first aid kit in my truck. I would like it to cover basic first aid and trauma (stabbing/gun shot wounds). Hopefully I will never have to use it, but I want to make sure I have items for such occasions. I have been trying to do my own research but I figure there are members on here more knowledgeable than me that can point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperStormBryan] [#1]
I keep one in each car, and a larger backpack full of stuff for the family in the dad mobile.

Glove box kit:
SOF-T tourniquet
Israeli bandage
Roll of guaze
Hemostatic guaze
Pen light
Two pairs of gloves

Backpack in the dad mobile has stuff like:
Folding splints
ACE bandages
More Israeli bandages
Emergency cloth litter
More guaze
Instant cold packs
Burn bandages and gel
Few bottle of distilled water
Bronkaid
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:
I keep one in each car, and a larger backpack full of stuff for the family in the dad mobile.

Glove box kit:
SOF-T tourniquet
Israeli bandage
Roll of guaze
Hemostatic guaze
Pen light
Two pairs of gloves

Backpack in the dad mobile has stuff like:
Folding splints
ACE bandages
More Israeli bandages
Emergency cloth litter
More guaze
Instant cold packs
Burn bandages and gel
Few bottle of distilled water
Bronkaid
View Quote

Nothing wrong with that
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
First thing to have is training:  First Aid, Stop the bleed, TCCC, CPR/AED, etc

A good simple trauma medical kit is 1 gallon ziplock bag with nitrile gloves, 2 x TQ, Medical scissors, Combat gauze or chitogauze, 2 x rolls of kerlix, and Coflex NL to hold the gauze in place.

There are plenty of first aid kits at the store.  I like to have foot care as well (especially moleskin)
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
In addition to a well stocked traditional first aid kit I carry these trauma supplies.

CAT Tourniquets
Israel Bandages
Vented Chest Seals
Quick Clot
Emergency Nasal Airways

BTW, training on how to use them is just as important as having them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:04:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: northcoastwizard] [#5]
All good info. If Missouri is still how I remember, you might wanna look at appropriately sized Pelican/waterproof cases too. Or at least a hardbox that won't cook the contents sitting in a vehicle through the summer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VillageIdiot2] [#6]
A solid BLS box would handle most emergencies until the proper help arrives. Airway adjuncts to maintain an open airway. NPA's and OPA's. NAR sells a collapsible BVM for ventilations. Various sized trauma pads, rolled gauze, 4x4's, Coban, Ace wraps, cavats. Izzy bandages,  chest seals, TQ's, Saline wash. Sam splints. Tape. BP cuff, stethoscope, pen light, glucometer, gloves, shears, and maybe a cheapy pulse ox.

Cheat cards can be laminated and placed in the box. Ranges for vitals, Blood Sugar, FAST score, GCS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top