Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2021 6:41:14 PM EDT
So I take handgun training classes every year or so, nothing too advanced, but I have had some great instructors, as well as done simunitions / force on force training, and I just recently got training in Hardy, Virginia that was quite unique.

This was on a firearms training simulator, which I wasn't too sure about at first but holy cow, this thing is VERY REALISTIC, scarily realistic actually.  

I learned a lot of things, particularly as it pertains to shooting and moving, shooting targets wearing armor, shoot/no shoot situations, and real world type scenarios like perpetrators with knives, active shooting incidents, etc. The simulator uses real footage and so you feel like you're actually in the building or on the street, and the glock handgun feels just like a real one, has recoil with C02, etc.

Part of the reason I think I learned so much is you're given real world scenarios that get your adrenaline pumping that are hard to re-create on a flat range, and unlike force on force / simunitions, the instructor is right there watching and video-taping your every movement, to include the simulator tracks where every shot goes and at what time the shot was made relative to the violent incident, and dissects your form and everything movement by movement.

I truly believe this training adds something to those looking to up their handgun fighting skills which regular handgun fighting courses on a range or simunitions cannot offer. Also requires 0 rounds of ammunition.

The instructor was super friendly as well. Training is in Hardy, Virginia, instructor's name is Wes, # 540-892-0694 website is www.firepowertactical.com

Mention discount code: Christopher for 10% off (I don't get $ for this, but I would get a discount the next time I take the course again which will probably be this coming summer). Note I drove all the way from FL to take this course and it was worth it.

Stay free and keep training,
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the write up I will check it out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
my local pd has a simulator like that. they let civilians run a few scenarios during the citizens police academy shoot dont shoot night.

I shot the initial target practice so well that the instructor told me that I shoot better than most of his cops.

The actual scenarios, I failed pretty badly. The rush of adrenaline messed me up really bad. I shot at the right time but I was all over the place with my aim. In short, more real world practice is needed to get over the adrenaline rush.

Overall, it was awesome and I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Direct link to their YouTube videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HzOTgBcuM6Yi_FQ_GiVig/videos

I watched the Bank Robbery video first, and holy shit!  It quickly got my attention!  The system looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top