Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2020 1:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Striker]
Hi - just joined today. Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place or misunderstood the rules.

So I've been working on this invention for a little while. Took out a provisional patent last month. Looking to gauge interest to see if it's worth pursuing.

It's kind of like a cross between the "green ivan" pop-up targets you get in the military and a shot timer, but it's controlled by and sends feedback to your phone.

Easier to show a vid than try to explain:

Many thanks for your time

Dave
Edited to remove link. Please check your IM's Striker.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:51:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Striker] [#1]
link removed. Striker
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the connection between phone and target(s)?
What is max distance?
What is the power source? Battery Life if Battery?
How many can you link up?
What does each unit way?
What does each cost?

My initial 1st few question, there will be more... ;)

Looks pretty cool so far.  
I've got a good hand full lot of steel targets and I'm always adding.   This has my interest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dave61575] [#3]
Hi LARUEMINATI,

Thanks for your feedback & questions:

What is the connection between phone and target(s)?
What is max distance?
What is the power source? Battery Life if Battery?
How many can you link up?
What does each unit way?
What does each cost?

My initial 1st few question, there will be more... ;)

Looks pretty cool so far.  
I've got a good hand full lot of steel targets and I'm always adding.   This has my interest.

Connection is Wifi
Distance: IDK, at least 30 yards, haven't tried to see how far I can stretch it out
Power source and motor for the prototype is a $18 walmart drill 18V, lasts for a couple of hours
You can link as many as you like
You can lift and carry one in each hand. they're maybe 8-10 lbs at a guess
The parts for the prototype are about $100 each, so if you went to serial manufacturing you could easily retail them for $50-60 each
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
3 x IMs sent - if you don't get them, please contact me
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
In. Could make things much more interesting at relative’s range.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
How long will the green targets last?

Can something else be used (corrugated plastic, think recycled campaign signs), ply wood, other ???  Then you could make custom targets.

Can the sequence be programed?  Random, is what I think you showed.  Example you have 20 targets, for IDPA, IPSC, or a 3 gun match; Position 1 these 2 targets, Position 2 these 3 targets, you hit a hostage/good guy all targets from that position fall.

Can this be reset remotely if the above works?

Can you set this for more than 1 or 2 rounds?

Does it work with handgun and shotgun, or airsoft/BB/paintball gun (might be other markets out there)?

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
You have my interest...
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks pretty freakin awesome!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:59:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Striker] [#9]
Hi FS-FNRL,

Thanks for your questions, I'll try to answer as best I can.

The green targets are made from HDPE which can apparently keep working and registering hits for several thousand rounds - have yet to reach this round-count yet.

Yes, any other material can be used, in development I used plywood  just so long as it's not too heavy. Obviously the more holes you make the higher the chance that it will fail to register a hit - hence why I went with the semi-self sealing HDPE

ATM the sequence is just random. but if this was popular enough to make it a product it would be very easy to make any kind of custom scenario.

You can set it to up and hold for 1-6 seconds while you try to hit as many times as you can or fall when hit for between 1-6 rounds. Or you can set to fall after a random number of rounds (because real-life "targets" do not fall after a pre-determined number of rounds) and you can set between 1-6 exposures

So far I've tested with .38, 9mm, .45, .223, .22 and a toy steel BB gun - tests are ongoing but I think it should work the same for every caliber

Cheers,

Dave

link removed Striker
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Dave,
Thanks for sharing, this looks really cool. Please keep us updated, I am sure this website alone could help you raise $5k for a full patent filing in no time!

I am also sure there are a few people lurking here would could take this concept through a full product development, and I hope they notice.

I might chip in a few bucks, but that's all I can manage until it's a fully realized product. Good luck though!
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#11]
GD is a zoo, but you should cross-post there if possible, you will get a lot more eyeballs that way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
GD is a zoo, but you should cross-post there if possible, you will get a lot more eyeballs that way.
View Quote

Agree. Post in GD.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
check your IM's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top