Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 3:56:17 PM EDT
Any recommendations?  Trying to do something a bit different from the firearms and medical courses I've taken.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Blackwater used to.
I remember hearing of several years ago but can't recall any names other than the one .

Maybe check for race car driving schools.
Pretty much who the instructors are in them anyway.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My unit sent guys to both Blackwater and to International Training Incorporated, near Richmond, VA.  I went to ITI, and it was excellent.  It included not just "regular" driving, but convoy stuff, PIT maneuvers, and ramming.

I am not sure if ITI offers open enrollment classes> I think they are more likely to, now that the GWOT has slowed down so much.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill Scott Raceway

RKI Group

T1G

Don't know about open enrollment courses, but its a start.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Not “tactical” but I learned more in one day of an Autocross event about driving than any LE training I’ve had. Very cheap comparatively and you can learn a ton about throttle, braking and handling in a low risk environment.

But you may be more experienced than that and are looking for something else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not “tactical” but I learned more in one day of an Autocross event about driving than any LE training I’ve had. Very cheap comparatively and you can learn a ton about throttle, braking and handling in a low risk environment.

But you may be more experienced than that and are looking for something else.
View Quote
Do you have any links to where you attended?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The one I participated in was a Florida Citrus PCA (Porsche Club).

https://flc.pca.org/autocross/

No, I don’t have a Porsche but a rich family member who does and lives in florida. I would try an internet search for Autocross events in your area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top