Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2019 6:41:28 AM EDT
Hi American Patriots.

As the subject says. I am a South African and things are getting very hot regards talks about a civil war.

I feel very unprepared for the shit coming, but I cant afford costly training. Before you ask not all of us can immigrate as that costs alot of money and our currency is greatly devalued.

Past You Tube and wishlist's for Gear-What can I realistically do to be better prepared?
https://youtu.be/7aFBjFBI02o

I refuse to be a statistic.
https://youtu.be/JMViRj6pn5w

Sincerely G
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you visit America?

YouTube can be a solid resource.

Louis Awerbuck would have been your guy.

He put out good books and training.

Anyone here with training videos could share or send them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
For me to visit the US. I don't know how to put it diplomatically but Cash flow issues. Hence Gear wishlist's. I dont know anyone personally who will let me couch surf for a few months-just not California and that Liberals state.
To put it in context if I could have Cut my loses I would have left this shithole years ago. Many of us would like to leave. Off topic my one buddy cant because he has to look after he elderly grandmother and mom. Another Family and cash issues. But many of us cant leave. This is just as much our country as teh Communist bemoan it aint. So leaving maybe is cowardice. You have to understand this is our country. Imagine if Native Americans were the majority and blood thristy and said all white Americans should leave or have their land taken. Would you leave?
https://youtu.be/a_bDc7FfItk?t=3881

I have tried to learn as much as I can from YT. From Pieing corners to cleaning an AR to good gear reviews -Garand Thumb and Tactical Rifleman. I need to condition my mind for the worse case on the way. Hence I am determined to pick your brains-eager. If anything Americans are good war fighters. And live the values written years ago about your founding fathers.

So boet<<Afrikaans for Brother. We will die here. Because we Boers.

Field Marshall Montgomery:

"Give me 20 Divisions of American soldiers, and I will breech Europe. Give me 15 consisting of Englishmen, and I will advance to the borders of Berlin. Give me two divisions of those marvellous fighting Boers, and I will remove Germany from the face of the earth".
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to look in the Discussion Forums near the upper left.  The sixth item on the drop down list is Training.  There probably aren't any SA locations listed but you could contact some of the instructors & see if they would hold a class in SA.  If you can get together a group you may be able to afford to have someone come to give the training.  If each person could afford $1000 & you got a group of 12 together, it might be profitable for the trainer.

You could also look at some of the Hometown forums, the eleventh item on that same drop down list.  It seems like guys are always looking for recommendations for local trainers & one of them might travel too.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If your options are limited, and I know this will get me a ton of shit here but, the Magpul "art of the carbine" video series are on youtube, if you have access.

example: youtube

Good luck, and keep your powder dry
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I will do so. Much obliged for the advice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I do have access to you tube. Currently that, the internet and a few PDFs are my theoretical training.
Thanks for that info I will look it up IE Magpul
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I do have access to you tube. Currently that, the internet and a few PDFs are my theoretical training.
Thanks for that info I will look it up IE Magpul
View Quote
You can at least as a group learn basic weapons handling, malfunction drills, and keeping the gun up and running.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
More interesting reading:

Fortify the home

In case of firewall:

Now let’s cover windows. Tiny Tim may wish to tiptoe through the window with a Molotov.  You can put a stop to this by covering the exterior of the windows with wire mesh.  I strongly recommend 2”x 3” rectangular wire-mesh/re-wire; either galvanized or coated, the heavier the gauge the better.  The wire doesn’t obscure any view and can accommodate your muzzle for a firing port (on movable windows that open).  The wire will help deflect rocks, grenades, and Molotov’s, the latter, I must say from experience being very bad.  A marauder can throw a log through it to pave the way for the Molotov, but the wire can buy you the time to deal with him first.

Wire that doesn’t match your house can be painted with all-weather paint for metal using a brush or roller.  You can pre-measure your pieces and then attach them to the casing or the house with those U-shaped nails that electricians use.  The more the merrier, at the farthest edges all around to negate a pry-bar.  I strongly recommend this way, as screws can be unscrewed.  Very important: make sure there’s space between the window and the wire, to allow some give for the marauder’s projectile.  You may have to build it up on all sides with 2”x 4”’s to provide that space, but it beats a barbeque.

Walk your property. Note down and commit to memory every critical distance and feature: front door to front gate, length and breadth of ground, dead space, and possible places for attacker cover and concealment.  Have your whole family participate and make it a group endeavor, taking special care to teach the kids the “why” part.  Assign each family member/cohabitant an area of responsibility to defend.  The Eighty-Deuce [I was in B Co. 2nd BN, 504th PIR (ABN) before I went SF] was great with repetition.  Our First Sergeant’s favorite sayings were “Repetition promotes a good follow-through,” and “How you train is how you’ll fight.”  Sound and true advice.

Training and emergency drills for your family will cut down on the confusion should anything occur; repetition could be the deciding, winning factor for your family’s engagement.  I also highly recommend Motorola’s, one for each family member.  Teach them good commo and radio discipline and how to keep it short and sweet (KISS principle in effect).  Vox’s free your hands but they don’t have great range and solid objects such as walls can interfere with them.  Motorola’s are simple.  Keep it simple.

If you’re in an area and State that you can do it, fence off your property and put a securable gate on it.  The fence can be supported/strengthened by blending natural and man-made defenses that will prevent or slow vehicles from entering a point other than the gate.  The gate is exactly where I want them.  Channel your attacker.  Funnel him into the areas he will be vulnerable to you.  Make sure to post signs inside of your fence about 10’ back and visible everywhere: No Trespassing/Keep Out/Private Property.

If you can swing it, run the aforementioned rewire all around the fence on the outside (if it’s split-rail and post).  Cut stumps with their roots still attached make excellent “buffers” for the outside of your fence.  Space these about 10’ outward.  When snowfall comes, they won’t be able to be used as “Evel Knievel” ramps.

With electronic sensors and surveillance you’ll have to tailor your system to fit your needs also taking budget, geographic location, and climate into account.  Here in Montana IR sensors aren’t too effective with steady temperatures of -20º F, not to mention if an EMP ever occurs.  If you have such a system, I recommend hooking them to an internal chime in your bedroom and not into lights.  If the intruder enters the property, the lights will let him know you’re alerted and light his way for him.  He’s already trespassing on posted property with dubious intentions; hopefully the “Castle Doctrine” applies to your state.  Better to localize him to the sensor he tripped, alert your family quietly, grab your NVG’s, and deal with him.

I’m sure many of you have my mindset: preferring the Lensatic Tritium compass to the GPS-gadget.

Here’s a low-budget “Uncle Caveman” alert system for you: 15-20lb-test nylon line, eye hooks, and cup hooks for a tripwire perimeter.  Secure one end stationary, and the free-running end tie to a bunch of aluminum cans with pebbles in them.  You can cover the whole perimeter of the house.  Just make sure you shield the cans from moisture and wind as much as possible.  Know where they are: you should practice walking around your house in the dark and knowing by feel how to avoid tripping them.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall: show those trolls who crouch and crawl!  Mirrors (4” to 6” round or square, convex are preferable) can be positioned on the corners of your porch and outside your windows.  You can also set long dressing-type mirrors outward from the corners of your home.  Is Tiny Tim squatting next to that front porch wall, with a baseball bat?  The mirror can show you.  Remember, they’re light dependent, and they also work both ways.  You must practice with them and train your eyes to use them regularly so that it becomes habitual.

Remember with all of this, training for each and every member of your household is vital; with this training will come good feelings of confidence that will help quell fear and panic if an emergency arises.  It is good to train as a team.  Success brings family bonding and will help each of you develop confidence in one another, as well.  May it never have to be put into action, I wish for you.  In the next article we’ll cover tactics and defenses in depth for the home, and go deeper into the fortifications.  Finally (CYA-policy), be sure to check out all laws and regulations prior to taking any actions or utilizing the information in this article.  Have a great day!
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]
more:

Home fortification

You are probably good on fortification techniques, but if not..
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
There are legal issues with USC's training non USC's on American soil, not sure about abroad. From what I understand Project Appleseed had the state department come down on them HARD and now there a big US citizens ONLY thing, and Appleseed is far from " tier one tactical" it is strictly marksmanship and history.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Greetings from Texas!

I was down in South Africa last year and definitely noticed the situation seems to be a growing powder keg.
I couldn’t believe how bad downtown Pretoria was.
Once great buildings seem to be shambles or covered in barbed wire or electric fences.

All that to say I understand your desire to improve your self defense skills.

I would take a look at the panteao website. I’ve personally learn quite bit from watching some of there stuff. It’s not perfect by any means but it’s an option.

https://panteao.com

I would also look into moving to Australia. It’s far easier to move there than most countries and your still in the Southern Hemisphere. Shoot me a pm if you want more info.

In mean time enjoy some Nandos for me. Some of the best chicken I’ve had.

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
If there is any chance that you may have a few friends with you if things kick off, I’d suggest locating a pdf of the infantry and ranger handbooks. Knowing basic maneuvering and the other concepts in the infantry handbook could make a big difference for a small group.

ETA- there is a huge difference between being able to shoot and being able to engage in combat actions. I’d guess you need both skillsets in your situation.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for this info. I watched this now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqLnBd1udM
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe maybe its to prevent Terrorist(s) learning War fighting from Vets. But don't quote me on this.

Same as I heard it is illegal to get many items shipped from the US to us because of ITAR restrictions. Magpul stocks comes to us via Europe as a good example.

Our Government has overly friendly ties with War criminals, dictators and despots due to the past Com bloc countries and terror organizations supporting the ANC. Hence the ANC was seen as terror network. But, because we skirt the left so much we basally considered persona non grata by any real credible democratic country with a strong rule of law. But many of us are not at all inclined like this as we moving further away from the rule of law and the constitution.

My hope is Pres Trump has a travel ban on the ANC when things start getting worse or Sanctions. News surfaced yesterday the GDP is down and we facing a recession shortly. So things are likely to get out of hand very fast. This is why I am on these pages-To learn to survive.

Does it help if I say I am a Mexican when I am that side and want training. I can be a very lite looking Mexican called Jose.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#15]
The opinion is get out. Remember Vanilla people here are 4.5 Million. The African dudes are 47 Million. But I will read all you said. I copied and pasted it into Word to read later and will def. check said link. Again much appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#16]
HAhah Nandoes. Good hey? I wanna try Chipotle. If I am lucky to go one day to the US. I keep hearing about it LOL. Did you learn any Afrikaans Boet?
Very few Americans know what is going on. But slowly people are waking up and honestly the biggest supporters are you Texans. I come across a few posts on Social Media from your side of the pond. If I ever had to get in legally I must add. I want to live in Texas. The very fact your gun laws are so relaxed-Heaven. You have no idea how awesome the US is. To live here makes you appreciate what you have. oOff topic if you allow ANTIFA and the left to win what we going through now will be your future.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#17]
That's a damn good idea. Regards "Frens" I know maybe of two guys who will do the hard stuff. But I think one of the guys I know is looking to leave South Africa. Most people who can afford to immigrate leave because they just tired of the drama and uncertainty! So I would like to say a organized militia is a possibility when it goes tits up. But as of now its likely Dinner for 1. Sadly people need to die before things come together. I may be one of them. I accepted that a year ago I may be already dead before things go further.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Check out Craig Douglas aka Southnarc, as he offers excellent training and I know he has held classes in South Africa in the past.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Your other thread got locked, but I wanted to say I understand about not running. I wouldn't - won't - run from here if things went that way.

It's a shitty situation you and yours are in, to put it mildly. I hope your spirit protects you. You are profoundly outnumbered and your plight won't get any attention until it's too late for many. Already been too late for some...

You don't need any whiz bang tactical training. Gear, either. Speed reloads, weapons transitions, etc... nearly pointless. Form a community. Anyone trustworthy and like-minded. Get what arms, food, and medical that you can. Read about small unit tactics,  and do constant mentally drills and exercises if you cannot go somewhere to 'walk it out', as it were.

Good luck, brother! Many have done more with less. Your mind is powerful.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Your gonna Alamo on a larger scale that you can't win. Leave......
Your kind gave up your country, sorry to say. Namibia? Swaziland? But you'll die there in a fight you have no backing. Home or not, politics and social media have sold you out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top