BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:
We have several people from our dept.  Two of whom are fucking stone cold hotties body wise and OK face wise.  I never go to the national meeting. I usually never miss the state one though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattR:
Anyone at Seattle AANA?
We have several people from our dept.  Two of whom are fucking stone cold hotties body wise and OK face wise.  I never go to the national meeting. I usually never miss the state one though.
Ha not a lack of talent here
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone at Seattle AANA?
View Quote
There may be some from our group of 45-50 CRNAs. I've been away on "vacation" moving into our rental house so don't know who went.

+1 on too EW's comment on frustration with lazy people. That doesn't fly in our group with either docs or crnas. As busy as we get with trauma and high acuity stuff, there isn't room for slacking.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Azygos:
There may be some from our group of 45-50 CRNAs. I've been away on "vacation" moving into our rental house so don't know who went.

+1 on too EW's comment on frustration with lazy people. That doesn't fly in our group with either docs or crnas. As busy as we get with trauma and high acuity stuff, there isn't room for slacking.
View All Quotes
Anyone at Seattle AANA?

I should have added a caveat.  Different groups have different cultures. Azygos' group is likely private and there is much less tolerance for lazy people.  I work in an academic group and lazy people seem attracted to that.  I previously worked in a private group and see the difference.  However, as the good
Doctor would likely agree, you can find lazy or hard workers in any group.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
@EvanWilliams
@Azygos

You need this shirt.

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
[like]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MK262:
@EvanWilliams
@Azygos

You need this shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/omhVr7n.jpg
View Quote
To: [email protected]
RE: Your upcoming Appointment

Please report to office WA.437384.432 in the large building where no patient care takes place. Time 0800 (we don't actually arrive until 0900 but we like to maintain the fiction that we work 8-5). Directions:
Leave the large building where patient care happens and money is generated. Take the shuttle driven (invariably) by foul tempered, poor mannered and openly hostile urban dweller to the large building where people who actually matter work.  Walk past the reserved by name parking spaces, continue past the large formal dining room where we will be having breakfast (the cooked to order omelettes and strawberry crepes are Fabulous!!!! ) then proceed through the starbucks, past the gym, notice the nail salon, masseuse and gift shop on the right.  Take the elevator to the top.  Have a seat and make yourself comfortable while waiting for an hour.  
We will then discuss your wearing of less than professional attire that disparages our highly valued medicaid and "private pay" patients.

Thank you in advance for your COMPLIANCE.  

HR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Please report to office WA.437384.432 in the large building where no patient care takes place. Time 0800 (we don't actually arrive until 0900 but we like to maintain the fiction that we work 8-5). Directions:
Leave the large building where patient care happens and money is generated. Take the shuttle driven (invariably) by foul tempered, poor mannered and openly hostile urban dweller to the large building where people who actually matter work.  Walk past the reserved by name parking spaces, continue past the large formal dining room where we will be having breakfast (the cooked to order omelettes and strawberry crepes are Fabulous!!!! ) then proceed through the starbucks, past the gym, notice the nail salon, masseuse and gift shop on the right.  Take the elevator to the top.  Have a seat and make yourself comfortable while waiting for an hour.  
We will then discuss your wearing of less than professional attire that disparages our highly valued medicaid and "private pay" patients.

HR.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK262:
@EvanWilliams
@Azygos

You need this shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/omhVr7n.jpg

HR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You laugh, but our underground garage just lost half a dozen of the best physician/nurse/patient/visitor spots. That row of spots now has "ADMIN ONLY" painted across the lanes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You laugh, but our underground garage just lost half a dozen of the best physician/nurse/patient/visitor spots. That row of spots now has "ADMIN ONLY" painted across the lanes.
View Quote
Oh I believe it. I was laughing because of how accurate it probably is.  You can tell EvanWilliams has been in healthcare a long time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
A bottle of Eau de parfum de Skunk would set the proper tone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Hey, you can't be disrespectful to the University of Phoenix business degree holding gods that inhabit the top floor. Go park in the gravel lot with all the other peasants that need to be led and instructed in policy compliance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
You have realigned my vision and made me fully engaged with your vision. Do not look upon me, for I am hideous and mustn't sully your sight with my uncleanliness.*

*Please note that uncleanliness does not include washing or sanitizing hands before and after patient contact. I am meticulous about that. Need confirmation? Go ask those secret shopper spies that you enlist to see if we actually do that vs pick our noses upon greeting patients.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, you can't be disrespectful to the University of Phoenix business degree holding gods that inhabit the top floor. Go park in the gravel lot with all the other peasants that need to be led and instructed in policy compliance.
View All Quotes
Seems to be the case.  Frequently it is such people with online degrees in some sort of HR field.  One recent exception, We did have at one point a JD who was the top admin in our dept. She didn't last as she wanted fiscal responsibility.  That would have meant getting rid of people or making them work more. The Number Two clinical person (and possibly number one) in the dept. didn't agree with that. She realized it was hopeless and left.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#15]
You have realigned my vision and made me fully engaged with your vision. Do not look upon me, for I am hideous and mustn't sully your sight with my uncleanliness.*

*Please note that uncleanliness does not include washing or sanitizing hands before and after patient contact. I am meticulous about that. Need confirmation? Go ask those secret shopper spies that you enlist to see if we actually do that vs pick our noses upon greeting patients.
View Quote
We occasionally have people who stand around for no apparent reason and then rush over if they see someone not wash their hands to write down name. They still carry clipboards so they are doubly obvious. But, many people are so oblivious that they still don't spot them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#16]

HR.
View Quote
you really did work at UAB. Ha!
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkeeterTZX:

HR.
Indeed
Occasionally time for lunch at Milo's that was next to parking garage
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top