Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2021 10:48:19 PM EDT
From M1Jeff on the Nat'l Match forum:

I received a call today informing me that Ray Brandes has passed away. We are truly diminished.

I saw Ray at various matches in Florida, and got to know him better when we asked him to coach the Florida Team at Nationals.

He was a truly an innovator and master machinist. He was the Ray in Ray-Vin products. Many of you use his cart conversion kits. He was the main driver for the Compass Lake .22LR upper.

The lead forearm and butt stock weights we use were formed from lead out of bullets recovered from range backstops. So, to recover the lead Ray designed a solar smelter that tracked the sun. The lead dripped out and the jackets were sold for scrap. And all the proceeds from the products and scrapping were donated to junior programs.

Ray was always a fascinating person to talk to, he had such a creative mind.

I'm really going to miss him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2021 2:22:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RegionRat] [#1]
Very sorry to hear the sad news.

Prayers for him and his loved ones.

Memory Eternal.

ETA: Just for old times sake...
https://www.ray-vin.com/tech/shortlineammo.pdf
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a LOT from Ray over the years at Camp Perry. He was good fun. Godspeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top