Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2013 6:51:19 PM EDT
Now, the way it reads in the rulebook, on a fixed-sight revolver,  you can paint the front sight silver/gold or whatnot, as long as you paint the entire back of the front sight, and it's still good, yes?

I picked up a fixed sight Single Six and a Henry Frontier Model in .22lr, so I can practice on the cheap (relative to .38/.44spl), but I have a bit of a problem picking up the front sight on the SS with any speed, and I wanted to make sure before I painted it and got used to firing it that way, that it was still kosher by the rulebook.

I really love the way the 5.5" balances. Definitely going with that length when I get a Vaquero.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  Perfectly legal.

Use White Epoxy Enamel.  Appliance repair paint.  Little bottle, available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I used white appliance paint for a long time with very good results............right up until I went to an out of town match that had white targets.

I've since put Slick McClades SureHit and LOVE them.  On a bright sunny day they really don't make much difference but on an overcast day that bright brass just jumps out at you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top