Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2019 4:26:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony]
Load test of 24.0, 24.5, and 25gr Varget under 50gr VMAX.
Ignore the 5:00 Ten. Got a little tired, but 25 is probably about equal to 24. I know I was stretching those groups; benchrest is it's own discipline.
Attachment Attached File

Stephens County Rifle and Pistol (SCRAP) club in Duncan, OK just restarted the 100yd HP program after James White stepped down in 2015. There was a minor hiccup - the new director forgot the full SR-1s at home, so we only had the repair centers to use. A new kid had some practice with his factory M&P15 and got 6 hits Standing! I could've left my Standing target up to make a summary target, but my habit of removing the centers to make shot spotting easier prevailed.

I switched to 25gr H4895, as every personal best I've fired in a string or aggregate has used it, and I finally got a hold of some.

STANDING. 92-1x
Attachment Attached File

SITTING. 99-3x
Attachment Attached File

PRONE RAPID. 99-5x
Attachment Attached File

PRONE SLOW 1st string. 100-6x
Attachment Attached File

PRONE SLOW 2nd string. 95-2x
Attachment Attached File

Aggregate: 485/500-17x
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, great shooting! At this point I'd give my left nut to shoot half that good, especially in rapid prone...

Just participated in my 3rd match on Saturday. My best sitting score yet @ 195-7x but the rest well . . .

Boy, your group on 1st string of slow prone is super sweet - my hat is off to you sir!
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
New service rifle project? Hmm, my curiosity is piqued.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Will you be running any kind of custom bolt release mechanism?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jiva:
Will you be running any kind of custom bolt release mechanism?
View Quote
Don't think so. Before with other's lowers, I've not been able to get 100% lock back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:

Don't think so. Before with other's lowers, I've not been able to get 100% lock back.
View Quote
I want to get good at this but am just starting out so I made a list of concrete things I can do to possibly improve in each stage.

On my list, for sitting and especially rapid prone, I decided to try the Redi-mag BCL in order to be able to better maintain my position during the mag change and also give me a few more seconds.

I am hopeful that it will work well as it has for many others but only time will tell. If all goes to plan, I will try it for the first time on Monday morning.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Editing video. Down to 53 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Why the 50 V-max over the 53?
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sigman68:
View Quote
More common around here and I've shot several high-X 200s on the MR-31 with them.

The 53gr is also slick for it's weight and may need some tuning; probably more jump. Might save Xs on the MR-52, but if it's that windy, may as well shoot 75s.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#10]
Pretty much just whipped up a match rifle.

Project "SR20 Blacktop" match rifle - Use What Worked | 2019 Don James Memorial
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If no one has seen a sight picture with a lens reducer, here ya go.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
More common around here and I've shot several high-X 200s on the MR-31 with them.

The 53gr is also slick for it's weight and may need some tuning; probably more jump. Might save Xs on the MR-52, but if it's that windy, may as well shoot 75s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sigman68:

Yes, the BC on the 53 is substantially higher which is why I was wondering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top