Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2020 12:21:41 AM EDT
Hey folks,

Finally settled into the Arlington, VA area and feel it's time to sign up for some carbine courses (once everything calms down).

I've heard of few things about GreenOps which is only 45-60 minutes away from me, but any others I may be looking over? Thanks guys, just getting started but fully intend on climbing up to more advanced classes in the future as well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Green Ops is top notch and I would recommend

Also have heard good things about Paramount tactical and Max Velocity Tactical
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished a Green Ops carbine course. Seriously top notch. I’ll be posting an AAR tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:
Just finished a Green Ops carbine course. Seriously top notch. I’ll be posting an AAR tomorrow.
View Quote

Great to hear, any eta on the AAR? Didnt see it just now in the review thread
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend Paramount Tactical Solutions out of WV. Top-notch people with the experience to boot.

Peacemaker National Training Center, also in WV, offers some courses but I do not know anything about their training cadre.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steven1513] [#5]
Look forward to more information about GreenOps and Paramount.

Max Velocity Tactical gets students from all over USA. And if i had to (unfairly) pick just ONE thing they excel at, it would be Small Unit Tactics as instructed in HEAT1 (and other) class. Part of my AAR for that class is that there needs to be an easier class. I'll never get credit for the idea, but HEAT 0.5 was offered after that HEAT1 class. Read the description for HEAT1. That would be my first pick. HEAT 0.5 if that seems too advanced for you.
https://maxvelocitytactical.com/tactical-classes/
https://youtu.be/X5dd0cnSjvY
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Loudon Tactical
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:25:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#7]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Loudon Tactical
View Quote

I took their Rifle/Pistol 2 recently. Amazing instructors who are extremely humble yet with deep subject matter expertise. The class really drove home how important the fundamentals are and how your body/mind will react under physical stress.

I had a lot of great takeaways from that class I was not expecting.  I’d highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:
took their Rifle/Pistol 2 recently. Amazing instructors who are extremely humble yet with deep subject matter expertise. The class really drove home how important the fundamentals are and how your body/mind will react under physical stress.
had a lot of great takeaways from that class I was not expecting.  I’d highly recommend them.
View Quote

Great info - thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ll add a plug for FPF Training. I took his minuteman rifle course a few years ago and thought it was great as an entry-level class, or even a refresher for things you might think you already know. You practice shooting positions, different distances with sight offset, a little movement, live-fire reloads, and malfunction clearing. The head honcho, John, is a fun guy and it was an enjoyable and confidence-building class.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#10]
Originally Posted By Rider_No2:
I’ll add a plug for FPF Training. I took his minuteman rifle course a few years ago and thought it was great as an entry-level class, or even a refresher for things you might think you already know. You practice shooting positions, different distances with sight offset, a little movement, live-fire reloads, and malfunction clearing. The head honcho, John, is a fun guy and it was an enjoyable and confidence-building class.
View Quote

I have not had the opportunity to train with John but I have met him a couple of times. Hands down one of the nicest people you will ever meet and genuinely interested in helping others improve. I'd love take a class with him in the near future as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stickyheat:
have not had the opportunity to train with John but I have met him a couple of times. Hands down one of the nicest people you will ever meet and genuinely interested in helping others improve. I'd love take a class with him in the near future as well.
View Quote

This is great! Really can't wait then!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top