Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2022 11:41:37 PM EDT
So i have an X10 which i have enjoyed on my sirt pistol and glock 17.
I’m switching my daily carry to a p365 because it fits better to how i live and is easier to hide on my frame.
I don’t feel like i HAVE to have a weapon light but i like the idea of having the option. What I’m trying to figure out is if theres a light close enough to the shape of the Mantis X10 that i can train with it and then swap with my light for carry. Anyone have any actual experience doing that?  If so what light and holster are you running? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan to stick a section of picatinny rail on the baseplate of a spare P365 mag for my Mantis. The Mantis adaptor for the Ruger EC9S I used to have did essentially that, and it worked great - no holster issues to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes but if i shoot a match with it installed it’s on the ground after the first mag. Not helpful at that point.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahh...got it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By etslick:
Yes but if i shoot a match with it installed it’s on the ground after the first mag. Not helpful at that point.
View Quote

That sounds like a crappy light Things should not fall off of your weapon when fired.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be. What we were discussing is the picatinny mount for the mantis that mounts on the magazine floorplate.
It works great and doesn’t require a new holster for dry fire. But if you want to use the live fire features it would be a no-go, because the unit being attached to the magazine would be worthless after the first reload.
What I am trying to figure out is which weaponlight has the closest shape to the mantis x10, or what holster could accommodate my carry gun with a light that i could swap out for the mantis when training or doing competition and not have to buy 2-3 holsters. Hope that helps clarify the OP
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Go directly to the mantis website and get the base plate. The dbl sided tape that connects to the base plate doesn't last that long. There are some drills you cant run with it on the mag but nothing that defeats the point of owning the mantis X.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top