Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2020 10:21:41 AM EDT
Any feedback? Reviews? Worth $1000?

He's coming to my neck of the woods this summer, just want to get some opinions if it's
worth putting the money up for this course. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
What other training courses have you taken?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any feedback? Reviews? Worth $1000?

He's coming to my neck of the woods this summer, just want to get some opinions if it's
worth putting the money up for this course. Thanks!
View Quote
I took LFI-1 a very long time ago and was impressed.

He has as many detractors as he has enthusiasts.

I remain an enthusiast, and I think the guy has his shit together.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
In todays world of tactical training... He ( Mas) sure has fallen off the map.  I wonder how his training now is too?  His start of training was well before the global wars and resulting tactical operators turned trainers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as learning your legal rights to carry and the legal aftermath and preparation for a self-defense shooting, I have not heard anyone better. After the first day, I literally did not want to even carry any longer. He brought it back around and told us how to be ready for the 'just in case'. The shooting portion, on the other hand, was dated and not very dynamic. It was a modified FBI qual course. For someone who has not had a lot of other training, it was pretty good but for someone who has had some formal, more tactical or run and gun defensive training, you would not feel justified spending that kind of money. I hear that there are some MAG20 courses, which only focuses on the legal portion of the class. I'd do that again for a refresher.

That said, one thing I did respect, was that he and all of his instructors are required to shoot the qualifier course that you have to shoot. That was impressive and watching him shoot perfect multiple times with multiple firearms was fun. One of our instructors was shooting the qualifier, with us all watching, and he was only doing so-so. We were kinda all feeling good about ourselves until he finished and was talking about his score. He then proceeded to show us his glock, which did not have any sights installed, and still shot a 286 out of 300, as he said he didn't want to hear any of us bitching any longer about our sights being off
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you GlockShot, that was exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for.
Definitely sounds like I should keep my eye open for the MAG20 portion of the course, at some point down the road.
Also, needless to say, with everything happening now, the Mrs. and I have put all spending on a freeze
until we have a better understanding of our economic future.
So I had already decided not to sign up, but your review reinforces that decision. Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top