Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 3:29:11 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I´ve been shooting pistol for some years, but never really learned how to use a rifle.
Well, I do own some and shoot ´em from time to time, but mostly from the bipod.

I´m curious for a new shooting chapter in my life and want to learn shoot the rifle free handed from all possible positions.

Is there a book for this adventure, which you would recommend?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well then, if nobody is willing to answer, I have to do so on my own.

After some research I found "The Art of the Rifle" from Col. Jeff Cooper and ordered it.

If someone would recommend me another book I would appreciate that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill Krilling's "Shooting for Gold" is great for learning smallbore target rifle; you could adapt these techniques to shooting other rifles off-hand or shooting with a sling.

Otherwise, I'd recommend checking into some material on NRA Highpower Rifle, although I don't have anything specific for you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Green Eye's Black Rifles by K. Lamb is a good place to start.

Project Appleseed can make you a rifleman:

Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Some excellent FREE reading here:

The Six Steps of Firing the Shot

The Rifleman Series
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Appleseed is a great way to learn about becoming a rifleman!  But don't stop there, lots of good instructors to make you a better rifleman!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top