Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 7:33:37 PM EDT
The use of a shot timer is an essential element in **effective** training with a firearm. Simply put, if you are not using a shot timer you are not really training, you are just having fun at the range.

Discuss.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No discussion needed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
While a timer is needed for certain task, not everything has to be done with one. You can certainly have effective training without one being present
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
huh.

wish I had know that before I went to Iraq....

always wondered how the bad guys knew to attack...they heard the beep before I did....  If I had know that I could have been so much more "tactical" than them....
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a handicap to never use one.

There are certain areas of skill-building in which a timer is absolutely essential.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I lol'd.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
So what timer should I get?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what timer should I get?
View Quote
Pocket Pro 1 or 2
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
For experienced shooters? Sure. Someone who can execute the fundamentals can start to add some time pressure, and have measurable results.

On on the other hand, almost everyone tries to shoot faster under any amount of real or perceived stress (adrenaline is a hell of a drug). The first thing that goes out the window with inexperienced shooters are the fundamentals that they really need to be practicing, and the difference in results on target are obvious. I think you would be doing a disservice to a shooter who is still working towards basic proficiency (say, keeping all rounds within an 8" circle at any distance), to introduce a timer into their training that early on.

The original Pocket Pro is a great training tool once they've surpassed that hurdle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top