Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 2:37:29 AM EDT
I've asked elsewhere and to no avail. Let me know if not cool to ask in this sub.

I need to put lowest profile possible ifaks on bags (molle).

Likely contents are:
- TQ
- quickclot (likely the z-fold bandage to pack wounds)
- bandage gauze
- elastic bandage
- gloves

I have a M3T with the above and below:
- extra TQ
- extra gloves
- shears
- tape
- chest seal
- cas cards
- marker
- Abdominal Pad
and it is GIANT (methinks mainly due to abdomen pad) ... lives on battle belt and the sole reason I avoid wearing the belt.

No NPA or Pneumothorax kit becasue no medical training and no direct action use. I struggle with carrying it for the wearer should a knowledgeable person find her/him, but I figure why carry extra crap that panicked, unqualified people try to use?

I searched archives (via Google) and found old threads about BFG Micro Trauma Kit and STOMP - anything newer that I should consider?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#1]
BFG Micro Trauma NOW! is what I use on my belt. BFG is also coming out with 2-3 new IFAK pouches this year.

Check out the Coyote Tactical Burrito and the new HSGI medical pouches as well as the NAR Roo.

With regards to carrying the decompression needle... Kit is to be used on me. A moran is going to think it is a pen. When they open it, they aren't going to think "Oh wow, a long needle!!! Let me jab this into PFran42 in order to stop his bleeding!!!".

Also, make sure you are getting the correctly sized components for your pouches. The Micro Trauma Now! kit is only really compact when you are using the smaller and flat packed trauma dressing and chest seals. The trauma dressing they use has a 24" tail (vs. the 42" one on the run of the mill 4" wide models).
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Nar mini

I carry this on my duty belt towards the front at about 1 o'clock and can access it with either hand. Has most everything I would use since I am not downrange and have access to regular EMS.

I could probably do without the chest seal since mostly it would be used for immediate care. Even with QUIK clot you pretty much have to know how to pack a wound and it's probably a little more than I would do.

Mostly need to have some things to stop immediate hemorrhage in the time it would take for EMS to respond. Tqs and gauze with a pressure bandage. I am not sticking anything up someone's nose or in their chest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFran42:
BFG Micro Trauma NOW! is what I use on my belt. BFG is also coming out with 2-3 new IFAK pouches this year.

Check out the Coyote Tactical Burrito and the new HSGI medical pouches as well as the NAR Roo.

With regards to carrying the decompression needle... Kit is to be used on me. A moran is going to think it is a pen. When they open it, they aren't going to think "Oh wow, a long needle!!! Let me jab this into PFran42 in order to stop his bleeding!!!".

Also, make sure you are getting the correctly sized components for your pouches. The Micro Trauma Now! kit is only really compact when you are using the smaller and flat packed trauma dressing and chest seals. The trauma dressing they use has a 24" tail (vs. the 42" one on the run of the mill 4" wide models).
View Quote

I missed this. Thx
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
Nar mini

I carry this on my duty belt towards the front at about 1 o'clock and can access it with either hand. Has most everything I would use since I am not downrange and have access to regular EMS.

I could probably do without the chest seal since mostly it would be used for immediate care. Even with QUIK clot you pretty much have to know how to pack a wound and it's probably a little more than I would do.

Mostly need to have some things to stop immediate hemorrhage in the time it would take for EMS to respond. Tqs and gauze with a pressure bandage. I am not sticking anything up someone's nose or in their chest.
View Quote

Thx.

And the bold part all day long ... but pfran42 makes a good point that I do wrestle with - my ifak is for use on me. My concern is a neckbeard sticking me with a needle because he watched a yt video and now 'feels trained'
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sendit14:

Thx.

And the bold part all day long ... but pfran42 makes a good point that I do wrestle with - my ifak is for use on me. My concern is a neckbeard sticking me with a needle because he watched a yt video and now 'feels trained'
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sendit14:
Nar mini

Thx.

I just completed crisis medicine TECC course. They can't stress enough that the only thing we should do is primary minimal care, and only when safe to do so. Most of the time there will be responders that will hopefully get there soon enough. there's additional modules that teach that stuff, but it's not for the average person.

The one thing I can say about the course which makes it so much better than all the other stuff I have ever done, is that it told me exactly what I needed to do and drilled it until it stuck. Other stuff had so much more material that really wasn't applicable that the important stuff got mixed in with everything else, and was not well retained.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#7]
I have one NAR Mini IFK, great item. I am going to get a couple more for work and range.

Edit to add NAR has a new setup I really like with the CAT mounted in front for very easy access.

https://www.narescue.com/roo-m-fak-kit.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#8]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
I have one NAR Mini IFK, great item. I am going to get a couple more for work and range.

Edit to add NAR has a new setup I really like with the CAT mounted in front for very easy access.

https://www.narescue.com/roo-m-fak-kit.html
View Quote
That is a great kit.( the roo kit you mentioned second) I bought a couple last black Friday. It was on sale for $49.99 and the upgraded one with quickclot, was $79 (regularly 125) I will buy a couple more this year if the sale is the same. Just a CAT tq and QC is almost $75 so it's a great deal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Nar mini

View Quote

Thanks for posting the link.  I didn't buy that one but I bought a first aid kit to keep in my car.  I was going to piece my own together but I would have had useless extra items and probably subpar items, too.  The kit I got fit the bill perfectly!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

Thanks for posting the link.  I didn't buy that one but I bought a first aid kit to keep in my car.  I was going to piece my own together but I would have had useless extra items and probably subpar items, too.  The kit I got fit the bill perfectly!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
Nar mini

I recently got an eml about a sale at Rescue Essentials and bought a quantity of these. My use case is to hang off a bag for all the members of a squad - so not for a belt or carrier. I will compare to the MFAK when I get time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top