User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 5:55:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been giving your question some thought.

I am really at the point of I do not know what I do not know.  What I have done with vehicles is so very simple.  I have exited a stationary vehicle and engaged steel targets, using the vehicle as cover.  I have done a couple of Simuntion scenarios around vehicles.

That said things I would like to try (and insurance, safety, practicality may make these near impossible)

Shooting while driving/while moving:  through Drivers Side, Passengers Side, rear, and front windows  from drivers side, passengers side, rear both sides  

Shooting from different vehicles: car, van/truck, motorcycle (driving and rear seat)

Shooting at moving targets from vehicle (vehicle to vehicle)

Lighting Conditions: sunny day, low light, low light with rain or snow, in too much light (think night with way to bright emergency vehicle lights and flashing light, in a construction zone, with road flare smoke)

Deploying different weapons platforms.  handgun, shotgun, rifle, SBR, SBS, AOW, pistol braced platform.  From lock box, seat, holster.  This would need loading drills, which is going to be different for jurisdictions.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent idea on the driving over or through obstacles.

I took my Chevy Caviler through a grass freeway median back in the day.  I was not sure how wet, firm, etc the area was.  I was taking a friend to the airport.  Multi car accident blocked the freeway, my "escape" route was cut across the median, and take the off ramp on the other side of the freeway (went backwards to go forward).  Took that at long shallow angles both in and out.  Made it to the airport with 30 minutes to spare.

Another time I drove forward in my Prius (no you can not have my man card) over a stop block in a parking lot, I was going to have to go over it again, forward or reverse, I was past the engine compartment, so I went forward.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top