Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 1:21:35 AM EDT
I'm looking for a heart rate monitor that I can wear while doing some exercises.  Nothing fancy like those smart watches that monitor one's whole life.

Something simple that gives me a reliable measure while doing my exercises.   Much better if I can change the batteries myself.

Appreciate advices.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had a few over the years.  Lots of promises and gimmicks.  Like the newer ones that don't need a chest strap.  Well, IMO most of those aren't very accurate or timely.  

The lower priced Garmin with the chest strap seemed to be the one I could count on to actually monitor my heart rate and recognize when it was elevated due to a set at the gym or running or what ever.  I won't buy another fancy one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb] [#2]
Polar H7. I use this to link up to various machines, rowers, bikes but don't sync to phone.   It can be done via Bluetooth.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I'll take a look at these models.

I have been using Samsung's S Health app to track my exercises and diet.  Already started making a difference on the diet and managed to cut a few pounds on my weight, even though that's still a ling journey.

I saw Samsung and other brands sell a Bluetooth chest band that links to the app and passes the heartbeats directly to it.   Any experience with that kind of rig?
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I had heart rate monitor.  I found the best use of it was when I had it on my wife.  So I would not waste my time.  wink
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top