Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:57:21 AM EDT
So I ran a race and won a 4 day defensive handgun, shotgun or rifle course certificate. Here’s my questions:

Has anyone attended one of these before and can speak to the instruction there?

What sort of value does this hold if I chose not to attend and sell it?

Last but not least, where would this go in the exchange forum!?

Thanks,
Thomas
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised they are still in operating.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That bad huh?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I ran a race and won a 4 day defensive handgun, shotgun or rifle course certificate. Here’s my questions:
View Quote
Congratulations on winning your race.

Quoted:Has anyone attended one of these before and can speak to the instruction there?
View Quote
I have been attending classes there since 2000.  Took a private class last October, the Range Master ran a report of how many classes my friends and I had taken.  Front Sight has me down as having taken over 60 classes.

Front Sights goal is to reach as many firearms owners as they can, and get them into a class.  I have had students in classes from Canada, UK, Germany, and USA.  I have had students from about age 8 to age 80 (8 year old went on the be a Handgun Combat Master by age 14; 80 year old is a great grandmother that was running a Remington 870, 12 gauge with EOTech she made Distinguished Graduate)  The instructors are patient, and not Drill Instructors.  The other goal is to improve your shooting ability in the time you are there, I have seen this personally and in my classmates when there.

Quoted:What sort of value does this hold if I chose not to attend and sell it?
View Quote
A check of ebay will show you what the certificates go for on the "open market".  Make sure yours is transferable, you can call Front Sight at 702-837-7433 or 800-987-7719 (inside the USA).

Quoted:Last but not least, where would this go in the exchange forum!?
View Quote
No idea on this one.

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry but those certificates go for about $20 so not going to make much selling it.  It is a good course which id value at $300-$400.  Take the course.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that the weird Scientology guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top