Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2020 1:02:07 PM EDT
How's my shooting?

I don't have any of the special targets. I've got full size IDPAs and half size USPSAs. I decided to shoot a full size IDPA.

My gun is stock, basic Glock 19.5 with a TLR-7. Yes, I have the plastic sights everyone hates. Holster is a Phalanx Concealment XLP Solo Operator (discontinued, specific features now options for their XLP Dagger 2.0). All draws were from concealment with a full zip hoody (not zipped). I used a PACT shot timer with delay to keep time.

I met all the time standards.

Attachment Attached File

I marked shots I think would probably be misses on the correct target.

RED: This was from my first string at 15 yards. I was trying to go too fast.
Purple: These are all shots from kneeling at 25 yards. I have a knee issue and I have struggled to shoot kneeling for years. Sometimes I do a little better with a knee pad, but I didn't bring them and I'm not 100% sure they would be allowed for agents doing record quals.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to shabby. Our qual let’s us pick standing or kneeling at 25... I pick kneeling.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#2]
Good Job!!  Looks like you met instructor standard (90%+)

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
How would you do if the target was moving, and shooting back?  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it a few more times, to get used to the time limits.  On the 15 and 25 yard stages, there's plenty of time.  It's easy to get rushed and shoot too fast.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By searchin4shacks:
How would you do if the target was moving, and shooting back?  Just food for thought.
View Quote

That has nothing to do with the specific standards for this specific drill.

OP, good job, well-done.  I need to get out and shoot this one one of these days.

Try the Federal Air Marshall qual on for size too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The Federal Air Marshal test is a tough one.

I'd run the IDPA Classifier or CSAT Standards first.  

The best practice for reality, as always, is Force-on-Force.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By searchin4shacks:
View Quote

Does the FBI run their wisps that way?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top