Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 6:21:09 PM EDT
Running Diamond version 1, 21rds, plus a trimmed down 7rd version...enjoy!

MTS How to train Drill 5: Running Diamond Version 1 with ATI Galeo (Galil)
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a fun drill!  It seems workable with airsoft which would help with ammo costs.

What are the major objectives of the drill?  How does it fit into a training progression?  Is the time standard for intermediate or advanced shooters?  What would be a reasonable standard for beginners?

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R_S:
Looks like a fun drill!  It seems workable with airsoft which would help with ammo costs.

What are the major objectives of the drill?  How does it fit into a training progression?  Is the time standard for intermediate or advanced shooters?  What would be a reasonable standard for beginners?

View Quote

All Great questions.

Look at the drill as a gym workout, no one goes to gym and works all muscles they isolate certain groups
That's How I approach drills, easy to set up fast drills that allow one to work certain skills
In this drill these are the tasks being done that this drill reinforces
1. shooting multiple targets with accuracy
2. from multiple distances  
3. dynamic movement to shooting positions
4. shooting heads at the end, small percentage shots.

Plus you can work in reloads or transition to pistol or using cover as I demonstrate in version 1.
Time standard something to works towards (intermediate level)
Starting out, anything under 30 seconds good then chop down with practice
The only way to hit 20 seconds economy of motion and being able to maintain 2 shots a second.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
MTS How to train drill 6: Running Diamond Version II, ZPAP M70 vs Arsenal 107R

Running diamond version 2 with shooting while moving incorporated into it
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  Good stuff!
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:57:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#5]
Ran the 21rd version of the drill today.  It was fun.  Really pushes you to MOVE fast.

First run was clean, 25.57 sec:

Yes, I forgot my offset after the first head shot, but still made them inside the headbox.

Tried it several more times, but the drill is just complex enough that things start to break when I tried to go faster (forgetting targets, lost accuracy).

Managed to shave around a second off after several more attempts.  This will take some time to master.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 10:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#6]
Originally Posted By R_S:
Ran the 21rd version of the drill today.  It was fun.  Really pushes you to MOVE fast.

First run was clean, 25.57 sec:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33354/IMG_0058-2103759.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33354/IMG_0059-2103760.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33354/IMG_0060-2103762.jpg

Yes, I forgot my offset after the first head shot, but still made them inside the headbox.

Tried it several more times, but the drill is just complex enough that things start to break when I tried to go faster (forgetting targets, lost accuracy).

Managed to shave around a second off after several more attempts.  This will take some time to master.
View Quote

Awesome.... remember its just a work out not pass or fail
To trim down time, make sure you have the rifle fully mounted by the time you stop at next cone
So ensure 2-3 steps out you start pushing muzzle out towards target, then pull rifle into shoulder on last step.

Have you tried version 2 yet?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:

Awesome.... remember its just a work out not pass or fail
To trim down time, make sure you have the rifle fully mounted by the time you stop at next cone
So ensure 2-3 steps out you start pushing muzzle out towards target, then pull rifle into shoulder on last step.

Have you tried version 2 yet?
View Quote

Solid advice!  I have not had the chance to try V2 yet. Will update when I do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
In 1 week....
" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top