Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2019 9:58:36 AM EDT

Office SHTF Gun--Thinking The Unthinkable

by Dr. Late Bloomer: I am a female General Pediatrician. I went to med school in mid-life, as a divorced mother of three. I bought my first firearm at the age of 46. I now enjoy many shooting disciplines, including: Self-defense, Practical Pistol, Steel Challenge, and Sporting Clays. I am also just starting to learn the various hunting arts. I am the living embodiment of the Late Bloomer, and my motto is “Never Stop Learning!” If I can do it - so can YOU! C'mon in!
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks  good.

I keep an AR15 and Go-Bag at my office as  well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see she's thinking of the unthinkable.

Not trying to start a debate or derail the thread, but I've kind of come full circle from shotgun to rifle/AR and back to shotgun regarding home/office SHTF weapon.  For overall SHTF, I want an AR, but for "last stand" type defensive stuff (nowhere to go, I win or I, and everyone else with me, dies), I think I'm more comfortable with my Benelli M4.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
For office storage and not carry? AR pistol would be my choice. Enough knock-down for a meth head looking for drugs that your office probably has very little or none of to begin with.

Also handy for bigger shtf scenarios, too. Just add mags and rounds.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
She needs deep pockets. Literal deep pants pockets and a pocket gun with an empty chamber. Zero chances of an unintended discharge and she will always have a firearm with her on body if she needs it. The holster can be some blocky affair that looks like a phablet.

If the unthinkable happens and she is dealing with an irate druggie she is going to turn and run to go grab an AR pistol? Fumble fucking with whatever biometric or keypad unlocking mechanism? No. Well she should have that option available as well, but the pistol in her pocket is just too easy. It is not a quick draw and fire, but if she is paying attention and luck is on her side there should be enough time to get distance between herself and the problem. Draw the pistol surreptitiously and have it at the ready. This is also nice because if the situation is de-escalated, she will not have to explain to the world why she had a dangerous weapon of war on the premises. Guns kill people don't you know!

No chance of an A.D.
No chance of being positively I.D.'ed as being armed (though some might suspect)
A little something is better than a lot of nothing......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top