Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2020 3:45:55 PM EDT
I live out on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state and train in the local area. We've had a very very winter and spring and I have run into issues with my optics fogging up a lot, plus I wear reading glasses and they stay wet a lot, even if I wipe them. I use a Trijicon TA-11 with a rear eyepiece cover and a Killflash and the minute I opened the eyepiece cap, the optic immediately fogs. If I'm going to train outdoors in an environment like this for any period of time, what recommendations might there be to keep my glasses and optics clear? TIA.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wash lens in shaving cream, rinse. They won't fog
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a proper anti-fog.  CatCrap is among the best, be it the spray or paste.  I run optics professionally and everything treated with CatCrap doesn’t fog, or minimally fogs.  Part of your issue is the sheer amount of moisture, and you need some kind of hydrophobic coating to shed the water.  Other anti-fog options can work as well.  I just push CatCrap because we have a lot of people using it on pistol and rifle optics and everyone reports positive results.

Temperature variances cause fogging, so one of the things you should consider is allowing your optics/rifles to match the ambient temps outside prior to use, if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top