Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2007 9:12:41 PM EDT
I've wanted one of these for years. Should I get a Schofield, Webley, or something else? If you've got one, please post pics!
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hallooo BuddyLee,

I have an Uberti Schofield in .45 Colt.   Great gun - I love it.
For CAS purposes, the Webley, though neat, won't be of use to you.
If you find an ASM (Armi San Marco) Schofield - stay far FAR AWAY from it - do NOT buy, no matter great the price may be. The ASM's are ALL JUNK!!!!!
Beretta, the new owners of Uberti, have now come out with a copy of the S&W New Model #3....its looks great, and I am jones'in for one, but I have yet to actually hold one or put a few rounds down range with one.
I do have a brace of original S&W New Model #3's - they are both from circa 1878, one is nickel, the other blue.  They are both of course black powder only, and in .44 Russian.  SHooting them is a hoot - and even today, they are still more accurate than me.
The S&W NM #3's fit great in my hand - real schweeeeet!!

I hope this helps you some.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been keeping my eyes open for a Schofield 5 1/2" in .45 LC.. only seen a couple and they were big bucks.

Anyone here have a Webley? I've read that some people have those set up to shoot .45 ACP with moon clips.

Also interested in the H&K Sportsman, but the only guy I know who has or had one said they were very prone to breakage.
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If you keep your eyes open you can occasionally find a civilian/WW2 era .38 Webley or Enfield. I once found one for $200 but was a broke college student, so no go.

The Beretta model is supposed to be a good shooter, also try Navy Arms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a .38 Webley, VERRRRY hard double action pull.  NCO (?) model, no single action.  Accurate out to 15 yds, starts dropping pretty good at 25.  For CAS, get the Schofield.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
+1

If you want to shoot gunfighter style (one gun per hand), you might want to check to make sure your thumb reaches the hammer for cocking singlehanded. I can with my Colts, but not with my Schofields. Also, reproductions are not too good for shooting with black powder as the tolerances are usually too tight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a Schofield.......
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You can find the 45acp webs but they have a shaved cyl

My Dad has a very collectable wilk/web that was destroyed as far as collecting goes by being shaved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top