Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2019 3:54:08 PM EDT
Anyone have a Mantisx? Is it worthwhile?

mantisx.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a bunch of the scale dry fire targets from Ben Stoeger Pro shop.

Dry fire a lot.  Be honest with yourself that your sights are on target and not moving when you break the trigger.

Confirm what you're doing with live fire on the range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one. It's pretty amazing what it does.

I should dry fire with it more than I do, but complacency.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got one, don't use it as much as I should because my normal carry gun doesn't have a rail, and I haven't bought one of their magazine rail adapters.  It gives valuable feedback on what you are doing before, during, and after the trigger pull.  All it does is measure movement - it doesn't help with sight alignment or picture issues, but combined with a laser training cartridge and software to analyze hits, the two together can provide the same feedback as equipment that used to cost over $1500.
View Quote
That is brilliant.

@lonewolf545
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine. I have a magazine plate for my glock and p365. My trigger pulls have gotten better and my draw has gotten more consistent. It is cheaper than 1000 rounds of ammo right now so i figured why not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I like it.  It lets you know how your trigger pull is.  

Sight alignment is a dot of a piece of paper on the wall, or a post it, or a light switch, etc.  The MantisX is about how you hold the pistol and how you pull the trigger and are you disturbing the pistol (and therefore the sight picture) while pulling the trigger.  You can Bluetooth connect it to your phone and go back and look at your "group" to see the overall average for the group as well as the shots within the group that messed up your average.  And it will also help trouble shoot the issue by suggesting what you may be doing wrong to have your sights dip low/right for that trigger pull.

I used to shoot with an old Navy rifle team shooter.  He would say, "Never waste range time doing something you can do at home."

And, I can loan the MantisX to my sons or nephew and when I get it back it's still usable.  Can't say that for ammo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been using the crap outta my MantisX since my range is closed.  It's a great training tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top