Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2018 6:34:10 PM EDT
Ive had my CCW permit for quite awhile but I havent shot much since I took the class. I am starting to go more, but to be honest I think my groups kinda of suck. I think I would benefit from professional help, I follow quite a few instructors on youtube but all their classes are states away. I can take that much time off of work and it would be quite a bit more difficult if I had to take time off from work and get a hotel. I would appreciate any feedback especially personal experiences.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep an eye out for Thunder ranch , top notch and located in Mountain Home
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of dry fire.  Watch your sights and make sure they don't move when pulling the trigger.  I tell people look at your front sight and don't let the noise and recoil bother you on live fire, can't do anything about it.

You want a surpise shot while looking at your front sight.  Not surpise as in "I just touched it and it went off!"  Surprise as in you know it's going to go off but not anticipating or you'll jerk the trigger.

Maybe you can make friends with an LEO instructor to help you locally.  There are some USBP firearms instructors that also give instruction on the side, worth thinking about.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
KRTraining.com in the Austin area.  I have taken several classes there, and have 6 more scheduled into April.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By battlestick:
KRTraining.com in the Austin area.  I have taken several classes there, and have 6 more scheduled into April.
View Quote
I agree KRTraining is some of the best and reasonably priced training you can find.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I also recommend KR Training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top