Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2012 3:18:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My daughter has participated in the 4H youth program at the Lake County Florida Range (Eustis Gun Club). They support young shooters all the way.
Recently my Daughter took 2nd place overall in the state 4H trap and skeet competition. She is headed to Nebraska for the national competition.
Parents get you kids involved in the 4H programs. They offer air rifle, shotgun, bow and some clubs may have more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a 4H leader and both of my sons are in the program. We do rifle, pistol, archery, black powder, shotgun and 22. Our coordinatorsare a former Olympic small bore coach, and a highly accomplished competition pistol shooter. It is a blast, and the kids have a ball while learning discipline, sportsmanship, and a valuable skill.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:37:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fixin2] [#3]
Originally Posted By tacklenut:
My daughter has participated in the 4H youth program at the Lake County Florida Range (Eustis Gun Club). They support young shooters all the way.
Recently my Daughter took 2nd place overall in the state 4H trap and skeet competition. She is headed to Nebraska for the national competition.
Parents get you kids involved in the 4H programs. They offer air rifle, shotgun, bow and some clubs may have more.

Well I probably know you. My girls also shot in the 4H program at the Eustis Gun Club. Is Shelby your daughter? I know the last year my girls were shooting she was really getting good. My kids had to choose between horses and clay pigeons. They chose the horses. BTW reloading is waaay cheaper than feeding horses and pulling a gooseneck trailer.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be her. She just won the Southeast Invitational for the universities and colleges. She took first in trap, wobble trap, sporting clays, and fourth in Skeet. She won Ladies High Overall shooter for the event.
Haven't seen you in while. Hope the girls are doing good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Have been wanting to get my daughter involved with 4-H and 4-H shooting programs.

Is there a regional forum where you can find information about the programs available in your area (Kansas City, MO)?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sure if you search for the local 4H office in your area they can put you in touch with the firearms coach. It is a big sport for 4H in most areas.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I did, and found it, but was hoping to talk to a parent / coach from my area instead of calling up the college in the middle of Missouri that seems to run it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skg_Mre_Lght] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EvilBetty:
I did, and found it, but was hoping to talk to a parent / coach from my area instead of calling up the college in the middle of Missouri that seems to run it.

Thanks.
View Quote

It may be good to call the college and get the coaches name and contact information. There may also be "parent/coaches" that assist in various functions that can give you the perspective your looking for.
Good luck with this. I hope it works out for your child as it did for mine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
You should also check out the Scholastic Clay Target Program
SCTP

And the Scholastic Pistol Program
SPP

Great Programs that can be sponsored by 4H, school, gun club ect. They offer grants through NRA Eagles to get started and NRA certified instructor training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top