Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2022 10:39:31 PM EDT
it's my Remington 700 AAC SD rifle with USMC McMillan A4 and Badger M5 bottom metal

trying to find out what else. It has not been used in some time. It does have a retro phantom menace scope. Not sure of rings and base (maybe seekins?).

I bought the stock from McMillan I think or some group thing on snipers hide back in the day. I want to say for like $200 or so. I can't find the original email (I have had so many different ones) I can't find my original snipers hide posts also talking about it. I think sight got redone around 2009. I'm still a member but most everything I ever posted there is gone for some reason.

The stock's only oddity is a red faded circle sticker on it at bottom of grip. Would it have other markings got to show it's legit?

I can't remember the last time I even used this rifle though last time I did it was a tack driver. My neighbor may know someone looking to get into the long range shooting and asked for a price. I really if am going to sell will be local. I'm not splitting up.

I even have about 1000 rounds of M118LR and Federal gold up match in addition to sub sonics. I paid $1 a round. What's it going for now?

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I horsetraded mines to THEE actual marine scout sniper who was issued it.

He showed me his dope book and it matched the SN on the floor plate and other setups.

I got a McMillan M24A3 stock in return plus a badger ordinance mag conversion from him.

He was super duper happy and he got a 700 receiver made with the same SN and barrel also.

He did a unertl scope also.

But if you can find the previous owner like I did..and if he is still a shooter. They sure would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll probably just leave it in the safe for another 10 years. Free time is such a premium now. thanks for the idea though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:59:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dayphotog] [#3]
Bumping to see what the stock is worth?

I toss the idea of putting a magpul hunter stock / bottom metal on and actually using the rifle around the homestead.  

Not sure what I could sell stock and bottom metal for?

Ok maybe I shave two pounds with magpul stock

Not sure worth it
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Without pictures I'm guessing some here.  But assuming molded in olive color and USMC Spec otherwise, in good condition it's between $850-$1050.  Badger DBM is another $250 or so.  McMillan still makes the stocks as spec'd for purchase, so it isn't rare (yet).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top