Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2022 6:30:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a Dillon Super Swage. Worth every penny if you're processing a lot of brass.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Lee Ram Swage.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:50:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#4]
I load predominantly 5.56 and 9mm for multigun competition. I have a Dillon Super Swage for same-headstamp (best quality/long range) brass. For mixed brass I don’t 100% swage, preferring instead to fix any hard-to-prime cases with a battery powered drill/countersink bit as I encounter them. I will be upgrading to a Dillon 1100 soon, which has an integral swaging station.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:27:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#5]
I've used all kinds of tools for crimp removal including the Dillon swager and nothing works better and faster than a cheap harbor freight drill clamped in a vise with an rcbs crimp removal bit.

That is especially true for mixed brass. Takes too long to sort by headstamp for the swager... With the setup above it works perfect for all brass.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Get the Frankford Arsenal brass prep unit.

Will let you swage, chamfer, uniform primer pockets, etc.

Great all-in-one unit and we'll priced for the functionality it provides.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:40:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#7]
I have a hornady and just got the RCBS crimp remover for smal primers.
I also just got the RCBS pocket uniformer.

I use a smaller, lighter 12 drill.
Works decent.  Takes a long time.

I seem to ideally prefer brass removal than swaging.
I am looking at getting a Lee APP with swager die though cause it is fast.  Stupid fast.  

Here is a thread about a gent who made a custom motor.
He wanted a little more speed.
Wear a good glove.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Motor-for-primmer-pocket-reamer-Update/42-535374/

Eta: if all you have is 300 pieces, the cordless drill will be ,ore than adequate.   im my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Dillon is great if you want to sort all your brass by headstamp/year.
I use a Hornady reamer, simple.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:41:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisGarrett] [#9]
I got two of the RCBS crimp removers (lg./sm.) with my RCBS TrimMate 17 years back and they never worked well for me, so I just reverted back to my Hornady bits chucked in a drill and they’ve been fine.

I have the Dillon SS 600, but only break that out for larger batches.

Chris

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 3:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRShootem] [#11]
...and that is exactly the fastest, least expensive method for removing primer pocket crimp.  I have processed thousands this way and the brass has always worked smoothly on my Dillon presses.   The vice and drill press work like a charm, with the vice handy for all manner of related chores.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive been using the CH4D swagger and it works good. RCBS one sucks. The fastest is a drill with a reamer
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
My son likes to shoot a lot.

So when I was given 400+ Wolf Gold empties, I ran 'em all thru the deprimer, tumbled for a hour or so, and passed the bag to my son w/ a primer pocket tool.  Had him do initial inspection for badly damaged cases and do the primer pockets.  

Turns out my 11 year old daughter likes to deprime the cases and pick 'em out of the walnut media in my tumbler....

Division of labor for the win!
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#14]
Cutter in a drill is the fastest and most effective method of them all short of buying a Dillon CP2000. The dillon swager with a handle is excruciatingly slow to use and I sold mine very quickly. All of its fans seem to think processing a hundred cases is a lot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top