Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2021 8:27:53 PM EDT
wasn't sure which forum to put this in,,,  these would not be "precision" rounds but more reloaders probabaly  follow this sub forum vs the other one i asked in

i have ALOT (20k)  of mixed headstamp processed brass,  in 223 and 9mm, processed through a a big dillon i think,,, cleaned, swaged, deprimed (of course), sized and trimmed,   from a typical online place that gets once fired brass from a range and well, you know.  

question1 how reliable would all this brass be as far as quality control?  do i need to resize?
question 2 IF i save all my brass from shooting this,, how many times generallly speaking, would i be able to reload this brass?  not looking at precision rounds here, was just going to load it with either bulk 55g fmjbt or some cheaper 69 gr hpbt

question 3    since i will be then processing my next batch of this now twice fired brass,,,on the rl100,   is it best to have 2 toolheads? one for processing or the other one.  

i am getting a rl1100 audrive with mr. bulletfeeder.      the "problem" with the dillon is it only has 7 stations,   i am using the dillon powder measure with ramshot tac.   it seems like position #1  case feeder and ? anything else?

i have the option of getting a 10 station mark 7 revolution,, how much better is it to process and reload all at once?    seems way better to me.   can't really do that with the dillon it seems?  at least not with powder sensors and other sensors.  

question 4    how do most set up their toolheads on the rl1100 for non-precision 223 rounds?

question 5    how do most set up their tool head on the 10 station mark 7's    evolution or the forcoming new one?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I can give you answers to the first two questions.

Originally Posted By rockwind1:
wasn't sure which forum to put this in,,,  these would not be "precision" rounds but more reloaders probabaly  follow this sub forum vs the other one i asked in

i have ALOT (20k)  of mixed headstamp processed brass,  in 223 and 9mm, processed through a a big dillon i think,,, cleaned, swaged, deprimed (of course), sized and trimmed,   from a typical online place that gets once fired brass from a range and well, you know.  

question1 how reliable would all this brass be as far as quality control?  do i need to resize?

If already processed by the seller--9mm decapped and sized and the .223 decapped, sized, and trimmed--I see no need to resize again.

question 2 IF i save all my brass from shooting this,, how many times generallly speaking, would i be able to reload this brass?  not looking at precision rounds here, was just going to load it with either bulk 55g fmjbt or some cheaper 69 gr hpbt

Brass life will depend on the chambers in which you fire it.  The tighter the chamber, the less case stretch you get above the case head/web area.  The more generous the chamber, the more stretch you get above the case head, leading to more rapid incipient case head separation.  Use a straightened paper clip with a short, 90-degree bend at one end to check inside cases for the telltale thinned, stretched area just above the case head.  As you run the clip inside the case you can feel whether the case body has thinned at this location.  When you detect this thinning, retire the case.

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top