Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 2:35:14 AM EDT
so for the chinese made SLX line, how good is the glass? in videos, the SLX 1-8 looks really good to me, but i still want to know from owners. i want to passive aim and i understand that some budget LPVOs have glass which is too reflective or dark.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two of the SFP SLX1-8s and one 1-6.  I like them a lot for what they are, but I would not be sticking one on top of a precision gun.  Glass is mediocre but good for the price point.  I would consider them to be extremely not ideal if you are referring to passive aiming with night vision.  LPVOs, in general, are not well suited for that since you would need to refocus the NV in order to get a decently clear sight picture through the optic.  I've done it, it is neither fast nor comfortable.  I buy those PA scopes for the reticle, they are extremely well thought out and fast.  I prefer LPVOs to have a reticle in the SFP for fast shooting at 1x, these are good for that and stupid cheap.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Slx 1-8 FFP Raptor. Good FOV for a 1-8x at this price, far better glass then equivalent vortex, good reticle, decent 1x. My gun shop let me play with the Vortex 1-8 FFP mil scope and this one outside, the glass and 1x reticle pushed me to get the Primary Arms. More of a hunting or tactical scope, not precision long range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top