Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2021 6:51:53 PM EDT
does anyone have one of the F1 2.5-20x50 nx8's with the mil-xt or tremor 3 reticle in it ?

how is the reticle in the lower power ranges ?  is it easy to pick up with the illumination , is the illumination daylight bright

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Subbed because I’m interested to hear this as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in the mil xt. It’s a little thin at 2x. I keep it at 6-8 up close.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RussDXT:
I have one in the mil xt. It's a little thin at 2x. I keep it at 6-8 up close.
View Quote
how is the fov at 6-8

is the illumination bright enough to pick up in daylight instead of "the crosshair"  for quick snap shots

does it have a pretty forgiving eyebox is is it on the tighter side

i'm leaning towards the mil-xt but also looking at the tremor 3 , the mil-xt looks like it would be more useful in the lower power ranges

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Mil-XT and Mil-C versions of this scope.  I used the Mil-C for hunting this year, and found the illuminated reticle on 2.5x to be very usable in lower light.  If it was regular day light, I'd zoom to at least 4x to get the reticle to appear thicker.  

I did not try it in bright sunlight.  I'm going to give the "occluded eye method" at 2.5x a try on a bright day at the range sometime before next hunting season.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
I have the Mil-XT and Mil-C versions of this scope.  I used the Mil-C for hunting this year, and found the illuminated reticle on 2.5x to be very usable in lower light.  If it was regular day light, I'd zoom to at least 4x to get the reticle to appear thicker.  

I did not try it in bright sunlight.  I'm going to give the "occluded eye method" at 2.5x a try on a bright day at the range sometime before next hunting season.
View Quote
thanks , i think i'm going to pick one up in the mil-xt flavor

my only concern is the eyebox being on the tight side
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
thanks , i think i'm going to pick one up in the mil-xt flavor

my only concern is the eyebox being on the tight side
View Quote
I understand that reservation, based on the internet feedback.  Having used these side by side with 4-32x50s and ATACRs, I can find the limitations if I go looking.  From every practical angle with an actual scope, I've experienced no drawbacks with these scopes regarding eyebox.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
I understand that reservation, based on the internet feedback.  Having used these side by side with 4-32x50s and ATACRs, I can find the limitations if I go looking.  From every practical angle with an actual scope, I've experienced no drawbacks with these scopes regarding eyebox.
View Quote
that's good to hear about the eyebox

i think it's time to get one ordered up so i can have a look through one myself
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The illumination is not daylight bright (RDS bright), but it’s subjectively daylight visible.  By that it means that under cloudy or lower light conditions you can see the illumination, but in broad daylight and bright sunlight, you won’t see it very well unless you’re aiming at a black or dark background.  It’s not the same type of illumination setup as the 1-8x.  

As others have stated, the reticle is a bit thin at 2.5x, but you can still use it for aiming.  Just not milling.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By UnaStamus:
The illumination is not daylight bright (RDS bright), but it's subjectively daylight visible.  By that it means that under cloudy or lower light conditions you can see the illumination, but in broad daylight and bright sunlight, you won't see it very well unless you're aiming at a black or dark background.  It's not the same type of illumination setup as the 1-8x.  

As others have stated, the reticle is a bit thin at 2.5x, but you can still use it for aiming.  Just not milling.
View Quote
yeah i understand it's not aimpoint bright.  by your description , and other's , it sounds like it will work fine for me.  i'm just still fighting with which reticle now.  i would really like to try out the tremor3 but common sense is telling me for my shooting the mil-xt would be the better choice.  

thanks for everyone's input , you've helped to nudge me over the edge
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top