Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2022 2:01:30 AM EDT
After doing some research on upper today while at work (lunch break) come on guys im a professional. all kidding aside
I've decide to go with the WOA 18in upper 1:8 twist with a mid-length gas system

the closest ranges I've found to me other than the one I recently have been going to only go out to 300 yards.
I did find one range not too far BUT its a private range and non- members have to pay $100 per shooter for 2hr time slot no thanks

ambi lower
Radian
LMT MARS-L,

non-true ambi lowers
B.A.D,
F-1 firearms/ Larue (because I live in texas and why not)

CMC two stage trigger

Magpul or Ergo grips (never heard of them honestly, sort of new to the ar15 seen)

Mapul stock?

glass wise still working on that part if any recommendations im all ears.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#1]
I see you're fairly new here, and new to the AR "scene" so I'd keep reading these Sections for more info. You can do alot better than what you listed there!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
^ what he said.

No offense meant.  Do some more research, now is the time to be alive in the gun/optic world.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with a WOA upper/barrel, but id suggest a rifle length gas system vs mid length.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I replied to your other thread about my stock recommendation.  

I like the Ergo grip.  I have it on several ARs and have no issue recommending it.  I have only medium sized hands, so take that into consideration.  

Like a poster above me wrote, I'd go rifle length on the gas system if that's an option.  If not, don't sweat it.

Regarding glass, it depends on what you want to do.  If you're a hunter shooting to only 300 yards, you'd probably get away with an affordable 3-9x variable from the likes of Burris or Leupold.  If you want to shoot precision groups at 500 or 750, then you probably want more magnification.  And, of course, the further out you shoot, the better the glass you want for clarity.  Be prepared to cry for good glass.  I spent just a hair under $1000 for my long range "precision" gun, a DPMS in 6.5 Creedmoor, that I bought ten years ago.  The first scope I bought for it was a first gen Viper PST 6-24 that I bought new for around $800.  It sufficed out to 1000 yards, but after looking through another guy's Nightforce, I wanted to upgrade.  That upgrade cost nearly 2.5 times the price of the gun.  Hell, the rings I used to mount the scope were just shy of $200.  

Best advice I can give though is try not to worry so much about gear and spend time and money putting rounds down range.  You can always tweak equipment later if it's holding you back. There's no substitute for practice.  I'm probably past the point of spending as much on ammo as I did for my gun, and most of the ammo I've shot has been my reloads.  

Good luck with your build!  Keep us updated on your progress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top